another HGB med grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yep was a mouse just like I thought... got 1 so far and traps out in case more show up:hubba:

watered the plants with just a bit of magnesium added in and culled 1 male out....

weirdest grow ever for me on this one with plants showing sex starting at day 23 and still NO alternating nodes or side branching :shocked:

truth said I'm just about done playing with these ones as I dont have time for long veg plants and don't really care to flower single cola plants.

I have started 20 more plants for replacement's just in case;)

PurpleSkunk
i was noticeing when u tranplanted you transplanted to pots not much bigger
I went from 1 cup of soil to 1 gallon pots so thats 15 times bigger then what they started in. once I pick out a couple of good males for breeding the rest will go to 5 gallon buckets for flower

thanks all for looking in and the kind words

:48:

BluntFullOfKush said:
how do you choose you males for breeding HGB?? Like what do you look for??

good question BFK :)

gonna be lazy and quote MrSoul from the old overgrow FAQ

The directly observable & important traits of male cannabis are as follows:

1. Resistance to hermaphrodism
2. Vigor
3. Stature
4. Maturation rate

All males expressing poor quality in any of these traits should be culled so as not to pass the weak trait on to the progeny.

Males are also be observed to have a certain scent and floral structure but the importance of these traits pale in comparison to those listed.

The potency of male plants, and especially the potency difference between individual males in a group, is generally too subtle to be measured by anything short of professional scientific laboratory equipment. Moreover, there is no conclusive proof that the most potent male in a group actually creates the most potent female progeny, although it seems intuitive that that should be the case. The difficulty of determining a male plant's potency is a major hurdle to proving this link.

didnt see a reason to rewrite it:p I culled this male for grow'n pods 2-3 weeks early ;)

WOW! how'd i miss this? SUBscriiiiiiiiiiibe

very healthy lookin plants right here. lookin forward to watching these grow out!

allgrownup said:
lookin forward to watching these grow out!

kinda think'n trash em in the bin bro..... bad vibes on this new stuff and really feel like I'm waste'n my time with them as I need plants that produce and grow just a bit faster....I know I'm pushing them hard with ferts and still they look like there sit'n still.....

there is NO secondary growth at all:doh:

been think'n maybe these seeds are only a 1/2 stable strain in a breeding project right now, dont know for sure but wait'n to get word back on that....

thx for stop'n in

huh? odd................

maybe give'm a week. then just flower them if they don't do anything else?

Have you grown these seeds before?

allgrownup said:
Have you grown these seeds before?

been think'n maybe these seeds are only a 1/2 stable strain in a breeding project right now, dont know for sure but wait'n to get word back on that....

nope :)

got some fems showing now:)

tea make'n day here for tomorrow's feed'n

I used 3 gallons of water for this batch, using 1 table spoon of GUANO-GRO plant food(great stuff there IMHO) seabird guano, alfa, kelp and growbig/bigbloom

I use a peice of an elk bag for a tea bag and just tie it up and hang it on a stick and let the bubbles fly:hubba:

use within 24 hours and give house plants the left over:)

gonna flop the npk ratio on the next feed as flower time is near:D

gonna fire up 500 more of hps on them in a few days and get a few into 5 gallon bucket's

grow on all

day32.JPG

t1.JPG

t2.JPG

t3.JPG

Hey HGB, once again i just admire your grows, if you wouldnt care explaining or maybe show me a link, how exactly do make a tea bubbler??

Looking very nice HGB. Love the sound of your tea, I'd say the babies love it.

50bud said:
Hey HGB, once again i just admire your grows, if you wouldnt care explaining or maybe show me a link, how exactly do make a tea bubbler??

hey 50bud,

It's just a 5 gallon DWC setup:hubba:

bucket and 2 BIG ole airstone's and fish tank pump is all that is needed

peace

DSCF0101.JPG

DSCF0102.JPG

DSCF0103.JPG

Thanks alot, yeah i have been looking into a DWC setup so im pretty fond to that setup for my first grow, which who knows when that will be. Im just trying to do some good research for quite a while to learn the "trade" but from the looks i dont think anything could beat growing in soil, and thanks to you and E-man which might i add are real inspirations im really leaning toward the world of organics.

50bud said:
Thanks alot, and thanks to you and E-man which might i add are real inspirations im really leaning toward the world of organics.

your welcome....E-man is missed fer sure..... great info he left for us tho....;)

grow on

got some info from the breader on theses so plans have been changed around a bit:)

here's what he had to say

the bsat was a single cola plant. i got some big *** colas from that stuff (one was about 24" of solid bud). i topped it once, and got 2 main colas (but they were smaller than the one main cola plants). i was hoping to get it a bit branchier x'ing it with the hash, but i think the sat came thru more.

last day of veg here and will xplant the rest into 5 gallon pot's soon...

hung another 500 of hps for them and will crank that up in a few days...

temps up to 83 today and plants are love'n it as well as me.... been run'n around 75 untill now and I can see the plants like the increase in the heat :hubba:

12/12 start'n at 7 pm tomorrow

grow on

DSCF0035.JPG

there looking good HGB, How long do you wait to give them the flower nutes, and do you flush 1st?

Meds are looking great HGB! Good luck with the rest of the grow:D.

BluntFullOfKush said:
there looking good HGB, How long do you wait to give them the flower nutes, and do you flush 1st?

thx, If you look up at post 49 and how I made the tea you will see that I started bloom nutes 7 days ago in hopes of building up some calcium sinks for mid/late flower:hubba:

no flush yet as the water is clear come'n out the bottom of the pots with a 10% run off plus I've got both veg and flower nutes in at the same time that i don't want to wash away quit yet.

EDIT: the plants need some good N the first 2 weeks of stretch IMHO, and I find it odd that one would flush it out at this time:)

grow on :48:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back