What is in your backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20220807_075711.jpg

My fking god it's hot in Dallas area. Gonna be 3 digit temps all week. I am soaking wet. Been putting up Shade Nets for my veggies. Mostly my tomatoes because they do not like those hot ass temps. What a difference in temps under this net. By the way remember the box I built and the three seedling cherry tomatoes. They are kicking ass.View attachment 332064View attachment 332065View attachment 332066View attachment 332067View attachment 332068View attachment 332069View attachment 332070
Beautius ! 😍

Not my back yard, but the yard at the facility where I'm staying... He wandered through the gate last night and circled the building. He wasn't exactly friendly, but seemed used to humans and unafraid. Truckers often park along the road outside the gate while they're in town. We're thinking they feed him.

I saw what I think was a lynx crossing the road a few days ago on my morning walk. But it was only for a few seconds and no one else has seen it, including the locals. I'm writing it off as a mirage unless I get a pic.

View attachment 332664

View attachment 332665

View of the castle from the Argo restaurant a few miles up the road.

View attachment 332666
That one big house you got ! Need a electrician ,let me know :rolleyes:

I was all Bignuts Macgillicudy about bears until a large grizz came ambling down the trail.........skeery Motherfuckin animal even well armed.
😢
Last year we had a black bear(2 actually but one was particularly persistent) that would smash my bird feeders and steal my suet cages every night. So I would put them in the shed b4 nightfall. He got wise to be and started coming in the day. I got pissed and ran out into the yard hollerin’ at him. He ran away. Then I started to use my head and thought, w.t.f. am I doing? It outweighed me and has claws and teeth that would shred me. No more chasing bears for me. BB gun from my deck seems to do the trick though. I even started walking my dog in ‘his woods’ with my carry piece. This one got a couple of ‘shots over the bow’. Last year I resorted to shooting the fkr. If this one comes back, he will get hit.

My wife walks the dogs around the perimeter of our property most mornings.
They have a well worn trail and usually go at first light.
One morning last year a cougar killed a deer on said trail less than 300' from our backdoor.
Her and the dogs flushed it off the carcass and scared the shizz out of all involved.
We saw 4 wolves out our bedroom window once as well.
Coyotea and badgers and of course foxes and the birds of prey........aint scared of them.
Grizzly motherfuckers are entirely different.
Would not play around with blackbears on my land either.
🙃

Last year we had a black bear(2 actually but one was particularly persistent) that would smash my bird feeders and steal my suet cages every night. So I would put them in the shed b4 nightfall. He got wise to be and started coming in the day. I got pissed and ran out into the yard hollerin’ at him. He ran away. Then I started to use my head and thought, w.t.f. am I doing? It outweighed me and has claws and teeth that would shred me. No more chasing bears for me. BB gun from my deck seems to do the trick though. I even started walking my dog in ‘his woods’ with my carry piece. This one got a couple of ‘shots over the bow’. Last year I resorted to shooting the fkr. If this one comes back, he will get hit.
1691512731009.png

Latest posts

Back