The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only pos Ford that I've owned was my first car, a 1953 Fairlane flathead V-8. Cracked block, lost auto transmission twice, and the brakes twice.

Since then I've had a 58 Ford, a 60 T-Bird, a 67 T-bird, and two Sunbeam Tigers with Ford powertrain. All were good cars.

My 53 Chevy was a junker and I went through two 235cu six-cylinder engines in my 1955 Chevy.

I've had a 74 Dodge B-100 and a 300, both strong and reliable. I blew a hose and overheated our 85 New Yorker and had to redo the heads, but it was otherwise a good vehicle and all three Jeeps by Chrysler have been excellent. The first had the American Motors 4L six, the second the 5.2L V-8 (Chrysler 312), and the current one a 5.7L Chrysler Hemi.
My only vehicle weak spot was for t-birds. Had a '70, '76, and a '90. All great rides. The 1962 off white convertible Thunderbird has been my favorite ride since I was little. Otherwise, give me anything that starts and go's.

Last edited:
My only vehicle weak spot was for t-birds. Had a '70, '76, and a '90. All great rides. The 1962 off white convertible Thunderbird has been my favorite ride since I was little. Otherwise, give me anything that stats and go's.
I kind had a thing for Caddies for several years. I got a very nice 1986 that some old people had always garaged and I loved that car. I also had a fully restored a 1060 Cad that I found in a barn. The Guy bought some compony don't remember much about it but the restored this oldie and it wat beautiful Turquoise with velvet seats. Such a cool car. Drove it for a few years and my wife and had my last daughter I was 40 at the time and had to sell the car cause we were short on funds at that time. Then I got a very nice two door 75 Cad from a guy for $50. I met this guy at a gas pump and he was admiring my 60 Cad. He said the 75 he was selling had a hole in the roof, I went and looked at it and there was a little tear in the venal . Almost new tires.That car was like driving on your living room couch. It almost put me to sleep every morning foe the first couple of months on the way to work.

Only owned one Caddy in my life. It was a 1971 7 door hearse. 23 feet long bumper to bumper and lacked 100 pounds of weighing 3 tons.
Old Hen rode in the back once for S&G's and complained that the windows weren't designed to roll down. I reminded her that nobody in the back needed any air.....

I kind had a thing for Caddies for several years. I got a very nice 1986 that some old people had always garaged and I loved that car. I also had a fully restored a 1060 Cad that I found in a barn. The Guy bought some compony don't remember much about it but the restored this oldie and it wat beautiful Turquoise with velvet seats. Such a cool car. Drove it for a few years and my wife and had my last daughter I was 40 at the time and had to sell the car cause we were short on funds at that time. Then I got a very nice two door 75 Cad from a guy for $50. I met this guy at a gas pump and he was admiring my 60 Cad. He said the 75 he was selling had a hole in the roof, I went and looked at it and there was a little tear in the venal . Almost new tires.That car was like driving on your living room couch. It almost put me to sleep every morning foe the first couple of months on the way to work.
I've owned two Caddys, a 65 Coupe DeVille and a 77 Seville, both excellent cars. I traded a M-29 SW 44 Mag for the 65 for the 429 engine and tranny, but it was too nice to part out and ended up trading it for a beater 67 Dodge van that I forgot about until just now.
Only owned one Caddy in my life. It was a 1971 7 door hearse. 23 feet long bumper to bumper and lacked 100 pounds of weighing 3 tons.
Old Hen rode in the back once for S&G's and complained that the windows weren't designed to roll down. I reminded her that nobody in the back needed any air.....
I considered making a cool camper out a hearse but my girlfriend at the time wasn't as enamored as I was about having one in the driveway.

I am going to have to disagree with you there sir. I was raised on chevys and GMs but in my 30s I got a promotion as assistant project manager and was in charge of a fleet of trucks. There were Ford, Dodge, Isuzu, Chevy S10. The chevys and Isuzus always broke down and were the newest vehicles. They were also the most to repair. The Fords had 350000 and were still running like new. They were the oldest and broke less also were less money to fix.
My Chevy Avalanche has over 360k and still running smooth.
I know a guy that has almost 500k on his Chevy.
I was a Service writer many moons ago. For a Dodge and Chrysler dealership.
Dodge fking sucks ass.
The company I use to work for has a fleet of new Ford trucks and those fkers spent more time in the shop then on the road.
Only Ford I ever liked was my Ford F350 Diesel Dually i had years ago.
But to each his own. Talking about vehicles is like talking about Politics.
I've seen ppl fight over that shit.😁

Last edited:
1729335954094.png

Even more so if the truck has Duallies..........

Last edited:
Morning folks, I like my hot rods/street machines. Was in process of building one when my knee gave out. I see it every day and am wanting to get back to it, driving me nuts that I can't. Got to fab the firewall and floor for starters. That is a 67 rambler 220 (american) on a s10 frame. Built a 454 to go in it but decided a small block is a better fit. So the 454 th400 will go in my 63 chevy short bed. I like old junk, the wife gets the new junk. I got the 08 f150 for me, wife had a 2000 camry, daughter's ride went south so wife took my truck and daughter took camry. She killed the engine in it and I didn't put another in. In 21 we got a 22 camry but it got pretty hard to get in and out of, super nice little car 40 miles to a gallon. Had the sport package on it, we went to the dealer to get it serviced and the wife ran over to the rav's, 2 hours later we drove out in a new rav4 with moon roof (not my choice) but she picked a nice premium lc I think is the letter. I can get in and out pretty easy though. I really think you will like the ride you like, they all have their quirks and some we over look cause we like em.

Morning folks, I like my hot rods/street machines. Was in process of building one when my knee gave out. I see it every day and am wanting to get back to it, driving me nuts that I can't. Got to fab the firewall and floor for starters. That is a 67 rambler 220 (american) on a s10 frame. Built a 454 to go in it but decided a small block is a better fit. So the 454 th400 will go in my 63 chevy short bed. I like old junk, the wife gets the new junk. I got the 08 f150 for me, wife had a 2000 camry, daughter's ride went south so wife took my truck and daughter took camry. She killed the engine in it and I didn't put another in. In 21 we got a 22 camry but it got pretty hard to get in and out of, super nice little car 40 miles to a gallon. Had the sport package on it, we went to the dealer to get it serviced and the wife ran over to the rav's, 2 hours later we drove out in a new rav4 with moon roof (not my choice) but she picked a nice premium lc I think is the letter. I can get in and out pretty easy though. I really think you will like the ride you like, they all have their quirks and some we over look cause we like em.
I miss building street machines too! I don't miss getting into all the positions one has to, in order to build a good machine.

Latest posts

Back