The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey ya'll....well, hot and humid, 90F....haven't done much...Got a notice from Soc. Sec., the guy I talked to in July, that was supposed to fix things, didn't, they restarted my medicare with the same penalty as before, wth!! Wife has went to get us bbq plates for dinner...at least 3 Stooges comes on in a little while.

I see there's still a bunch of trouble makers around here. Anybody ever hear anything from Ness?
I'm afraid we lost Ness to that religious cult she was hanging with. Fingers crossed that she'll come around and come back to her friends.

Got the back three mowed with the Frankendeere today. Feel like I've been beaten by a gorilla. Brought it up to the house 'cause I could see the front of the deck was hanging low. The nut on the adjustment rod had backed off. No biggie. It's happened before. Mental note: buy a new nut to use as a jamb nut = problem solved. Went to fire it up and got nothing but a click. Checked the oil thinking that I'd somehow seized the engine. Lots of oil. Figured maybe it was just too hot to restart, but it'd never done that before. Cleaned the battery cables and still no start. Slapped a charger on it out of desperation and let it cook. Just went out and tried it. Frankendeer is alive! God, I love that old POS.

Hey ya'll...smoked my first baby back ribs, and the first ribs in my new (old) smoker...Mama was happy, and it's mostly for her, I'm not a huge rib fan...they were good though. We had baked beans, potato salad, garlic bread, and I had a hot Portugal pepper from my plant, and a home brewed beer, IPA...

Yeah she PMed me right before she disappeared and said she had found Jesus and couldn't smoke anymore.
Jesus never said dont party he said dont act a fool and show your ass. Same with drinking. Use decorum.

FB_IMG_1725290524826.jpg

Just got done assembling a 12' tall skeleton. Pullet just HAD to have it and the Old Hen thought it would be kool. It's her money. Lord knows I've wasted more on things I wanted but didn't really need.
Her friend Emily has one and said it was easy to put together. I see Emily two or three times a year, so the snapping overhand right to her snot locker will come as a big surprise.

Latest posts

Back