The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were hit in January....only warning was my weather radio, I live outside the city..My wife was going to town to do a couple errands after work, I called her and asked when she would be home, there was a tornado on the ground, but it was about 10 miles away. She said they were evacuating the place to pay the water bill, she didn't know why..She came straight home, and big drops of rain started to fall, as she got out of the car, and ran into the house. As we looked out the kitchen window, the rain became a wall of white, you couldn't even see the neighbors, 30 feet away...then a blast like a jet engine, and two huge trees fell right toward the window, we ran for the bathroom...and waited it out, about ten minutes, hearing the bricks of our chimney flying all over the roof...
Any old, huge tree is gone, 100+ yr old oak, huge 80 foot pines, and sweet gum, our place will never be the same..we were very lucky, and you can bet that's an experience I'll never forget...

Attachments

• TomatoCages.jpg
    TomatoCages.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 0
Same here, it hurts and these folks could tolerate a lot of pain. I would not do two at once either.

Bubba
(*Snork*) I gots two bolts (visible if you touch them; skin goes white). It is one of the many reasons I live in the Deep South:

Just imagine the knee pain resulting if the ambient zerio temperature can be delivered along metal directly into your knee bones.

In two places. 🥶

(*Snork*) I gots two bolts (visible if you touch them; skin goes white). It is one of the many reasons I live in the Deep South:

Just imagine the knee pain resulting if the ambient zerio temperature can be delivered along metal directly into your knee bones.

In two places. 🥶

exactly…….I have an 18 inch rod in my left leg and my left leg/hip gets freaking colder than the other side , sometimes in the winter I have to use a heating pad to keep that metal rod from getting frostbite

and then there are these bolts in my neck…

Walt , can I park the rv anywhere close to you and stay over the winter?

We were hit in January....only warning was my weather radio, I live outside the city..My wife was going to town to do a couple errands after work, I called her and asked when she would be home, there was a tornado on the ground, but it was about 10 miles away. She said they were evacuating the place to pay the water bill, she didn't know why..She came straight home, and big drops of rain started to fall, as she got out of the car, and ran into the house. As we looked out the kitchen window, the rain became a wall of white, you couldn't even see the neighbors, 30 feet away...then a blast like a jet engine, and two huge trees fell right toward the window, we ran for the bathroom...and waited it out, about ten minutes, hearing the bricks of our chimney flying all over the roof...
Any old, huge tree is gone, 100+ yr old oak, huge 80 foot pines, and sweet gum, our place will never be the same..we were very lucky, and you can bet that's an experience I'll never forget...
My god, man!! I'd be as scared as a ghost that saw hisself in the mirror...

exactly…….I have an 18 inch rod in my left leg and my left leg/hip gets freaking colder than the other side , sometimes in the winter I have to use a heating pad to keep that metal rod from getting frostbite

and then there are these bolts in my neck…
Walt , can I park the rv anywhere close to you and stay over the winter?
Call ya and raise ya:

This very thing has been done for friends on vacation -- several times.

My road is nice and level, with zerio traffic (except for the mail lady).
Power hookup to my house. You'd park in the sunny spot...
1695644171966.jpeg

Call ya and raise ya:

This very thing has been done for friends on vacation -- several times.

My road is nice and level, with zerio traffic (except for the mail lady).
Power hookup to my house. You'd park in the sunny spot...
View attachment 341962

can we bring our 3 chickens and one cat?

if you ever visit our little town , I will arrange a parade for you Unca!….a two block parade down Main Street!

IMG_3263.jpeg

Well... yer chickums gonna haveta stay in your RV. Prolly pussycat too.

Reason: EVERYTHING around here eats chickens. My catty-corner neighbor (lookit the pic I posted, then turn around and you are lookin' at his place) Anyway... I'm buzzed, so wait until it comes around again. Ah.

Ricky had chickums (safely) in a cyclone fence cage. A lynx bent the thick wires off, got in and killed the whole dozen cluckers, and then left with one to eat.

I hunted him down and starched him, but the chickums stayed ded.

Offhand has always been my shaky position and age hasn't improved it.
I just noticed I wuz braggin' about hitting a dime at 100'... and fergot to post the pic. Gimme a break. I took a triple inhale this moanin'. By the time the bag was clear... I wasn't.

Here's the target: (I hope)
archery target dime.jpg
\

And I absolutely love the target. It is quasi-liquid filled, and hardens to stop the arrow... then loosens so you can pull it out easypeasy.

Heavy as a biotch, though. See the two handles? Two people is the best way. Or one grunting, wheezing, staggering old bastage.

I just noticed I wuz braggin' about hitting a dime at 100'... and fergot to post the pic. Gimme a break. I took a triple inhale this moanin'. By the time the bag was clear... I wasn't.

Here's the target: (I hope)
View attachment 341966\

And I absolutely love the target. It is quasi-liquid filled, and hardens to stop the arrow... then loosens so you can pull it out easypeasy.

Heavy as a biotch, though. See the two handles? Two people is the best way. Or one grunting, wheezing, staggering old bastage.
Kool! Any links for the target source?

Latest posts

Back