The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First load is down and heading towards the burn pile. Unfortunately, there’s more to go
IMG_2008.jpeg

Well due to advice from one of our esteemed members I purchased a dehydrator.
It was amazon and I just got it !
Nicely packaged !
Honey has recipe book
I ,how to use.
First recipe She says was "Firey Hot Kale Crisps"
The second recipe was "Spicy cauliflower popcorn"
Nicely repackaged :) ☝️

Well due to advice from one of our esteemed members I purchased a dehydrator.
It was amazon and I just got it !
Nicely packaged !
Honey has recipe book
I ,how to use.
First recipe She says was "Firey Hot Kale Crisps"
The second recipe was "Spicy cauliflower popcorn"
Nicely repackaged :) ☝️
Looking forward to doing maters☝️

Hey ya'll....Well, I worked on my greenhouse some yesterday, just starting to get the frame together. Found out, it's not so great, but it will have to work. Lots of video on Youtube of things folks had to do to get it right.
In the meantime, I was devoured by grass piranha, aka chiggers...those dang things tore me up, bites on feet, legs, arms, hands, under arm, stomach. I haven't had any trouble with them in awhile...I put stuff on the yard sometimes to get rid of the ticks,m and chiggers, stopped doing it last year, because I noticed our local toad, and lizard population seemed to be declining.

Hey ya'll....Well, I worked on my greenhouse some yesterday, just starting to get the frame together. Found out, it's not so great, but it will have to work. Lots of video on Youtube of things folks had to do to get it right.
In the meantime, I was devoured by grass piranha, aka chiggers...those dang things tore me up, bites on feet, legs, arms, hands, under arm, stomach. I haven't had any trouble with them in awhile...I put stuff on the yard sometimes to get rid of the ticks,m and chiggers, stopped doing it last year, because I noticed our local toad, and lizard population seemed to be declining.
What you are describing sounds more like turkey ticks, than chiggers.

I googled it took a screen shot
Believe me Jan most all growers that have been at this awhile know what mites look like.

Whew! Thought you had a nice sized harvest for a minute! Putes on way to help trim....
Don't say that. Not even in your dreams. I wouldn't be able to walk for a week

Looking forward to doing maters☝️
My favorite. Only problem is all these veggies we can and process plus veggies directly from the garden Mrs Pute gives away! That plate of dehydrated I posted yesterday is in the hands of my daughter as we speak.

Most people would save this for winter but not Mrs Pute.....she thinks she is the neighborhood food bank.

I haven't had a chigger bite since Moving to Colorado in 1973.....we don't have them here. But I remember they are way worse that a mosquito bite. Sulfur in you socks and waist band helps keep them away.

What you are describing sounds more like turkey ticks, than chiggers.
Either way I want nothing to do with them.

Along with tornadoes, yet another thing that I don't miss about the Midwest.

Latest posts

Back