The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watermellon Art

1689641286798.png

We were all white until 7th grade. I don't remember any black neighbors as a kid growing up.Schools had integrated but neighborhoods had not. Once you hit Jr High, there was one and one high school. So busing brought us to the school.

Bubba
Integration when I was a kid was Irish vs Italian and Protestant vs Catholic. In my neighborhood we were the only Protestants which was not popular. Learned to fight early.

Funny that most of the kids I ran with till 13 were Czechs, Italians, and Germans .

Some were the kids of WW 2 prisoners of war at detention camps in our central Texas area which had those bloodlines established already from the frontier 1800s . The POWs had asked the U.S. to not return them to Europe but wanted to become citizens of America ..

Africans in our local city actually raised a stink about integration because they had their own elementary , jr.high and high school and were proud of them and did not like whitey mix ...

cheeeit

I'm guessing this is the place to post this...I've got an abundance of fresh date meds I no longer take and would love to donate them to anyone who can use them...duloxatine, gabapentin, and celocoxib...no they won't get you high, they were meant for nerve pain and in the belly...pm me if you can use these meds...

I'm guessing this is the place to post this...I've got an abundance of fresh date meds I no longer take and would love to donate them to anyone who can use them...duloxatine, gabapentin, and celocoxib...no they won't get you high, they were meant for nerve pain and in the belly...pm me if you can use these meds...

got any smack?

Funny that most of the kids I ran with till 13 were Czechs, Italians, and Germans .

Some were the kids of WW 2 prisoners of war at detention camps in our central Texas area which had those bloodlines established already from the frontier 1800s . The POWs had asked the U.S. to not return them to Europe but wanted to become citizens of America ..

Africans in our local city actually raised a stink about integration because they had their own elementary , jr.high and high school and were proud of them and did not like whitey mix ...

cheeeit
There is a book about the Kraut POW's in America. It was a combination psyops and money savings plan.

The money savings was in having so few POW's attempted to escape; they had been put on a train on the east coast and taken to Texas... going through hundreds of miles of serene countryside and unblemished cities. It gave the Krauts great pause... where were they going to go if they busted out of the POW camp?

On top of this, upon arrival in their new camp they would be given a big meal of turkey with all the dressings.

Some guys DID escape. After a few days in the Texas boonies... many just turned around and came back. Some guys were working on farms and fell in love <-- were essentially adopted by Texas families. A few got to stay at the end of the war.

I joined a cult a long time ago and they bought this ex German pow camp around 1990

i helped renovate some of the buildings

we had a lot of meetings there , ate meals there , and slept there

the cult used it as a school for new recruits and then eventually rented it out

when the cult sold the property , it was all in good working condition

Good Morning Folks.
Here is a story I just got .An old 72 smoking Brother who was in his pool with his wife on the couch sleeping. Some one walked into his house grabbed his keys ,$ and his Kia and drove off. He called the cops ( had to cover his 10 plants) Detectives come in ,he has a tracker on the Kia when he gets the police report Kia can shut the car down. The track it from Long Island to New Jersey.
Shut it down and arrest the guy.in less than 3 hours. They said he needed to go to N.J. to pick it up. A detective calls him that night who worked for my friend when he was young in his pizzeria ( he employed a lot of good kids future drs,lawyers,) And when was told by my friend he needed to pick up the car in NJ the detective said NOPE! He made it so SCPD sent a flat bed to NJ picked up the car ,brought it back to Westhampton ,took finger prints off of it and he drove 20 minutes to pick it up. My friend would have killed him. made sure he was really dead and waited 10 minutes more if he caught him

Good Morning Folks.
Here is a story I just got .An old 72 smoking Brother who was in his pool with his wife on the couch sleeping. Some one walked into his house grabbed his keys ,$ and his Kia and drove off. He called the cops ( had to cover his 10 plants) Detectives come in ,he has a tracker on the Kia when he gets the police report Kia can shut the car down. The track it from Long Island to New Jersey.
Shut it down and arrest the guy.in less than 3 hours. They said he needed to go to N.J. to pick it up. A detective calls him that night who worked for my friend when he was young hing about in his pizzeria ( he employed a lot of good kids future drs,lawyers,) And when was told by my friend he needed to pick up the car in NJ the detective said NOPE! He made it so SCPD sent a flat bed to NJ picked up the car ,brought it back to Westhampton ,took finger prints off of it and he drove 20 minutes to pick it up. My friend would have killed him. made sure he was really dead and waited 10 minutes more if he caught him
Did they say anything about his plants, inside or out?
Lucky he got car back.
1689771143218.png

Grow room rewire after the rain

(*pant*) (*puf*) (*groany-wheeze*)

Just got done peeling and cutting up about 75 pounds of mangoes. Now I am 1/3 of the way through the pile.

Fortunately, some are not quite ripe, and the ripe ones will still be fine if I let them stay in the brown paper bags another two days or so.

NFW can I cut up any more right now. Herself is putting the trays of cut up pieces in the garage stand-up freezer covered in saranwrap. <--Perfect dangling participle example... the freezer is not what is covered, but the cut-up pieces.

Our plan for Friday: Cut up another 75 pounds or so and make a buncha mango cake and freeze the leftover cut up pieces not put in cakes.

I weighed one brute mutha of a mango: five+ fargin pounds!! More of a Mongo than a mango...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back