Random Thought Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when I was in school , why was it that the two kids in front of me got to spell , cat , dog…

when it was my turn , my spelling word was Albuquerque

once they asked me to spell farm and I replied , e i e i o

off to the principles office , again
When they were handing out brains, I thought they said 'trains'...told 'em I wanted a slow one.

when I was in school , why was it that the two kids in front of me got to spell , cat , dog…

I'm a good speller. Always have been. Won spelling bees and stuff.

Lost my school's spelling bee champeenship on the word 'towel' once.

How, you ask? It don't HAVE two L's in it. D'OH!

Good day to work in the grow.....cold outside.....69.4 in my basement. All I will do outside today is fire up my snowblower. Once I know it will start and be ready for tomorrow it is right back inside.

But for now nice and comfy as a bug in a rug! Girls are looking 😊

Down here it’s sunny and in the low 80s. I just finished up lunch and I am going to go outside and water all of the yard plants today. I’ve got a lot of staghorn ferns and they’re all very thirsty…. It might be a good day for a little purple haze…😉

72 here, but it ain't gonna last. Big cold snap coming.
Sending it your way Hippie. Just after noon here 35 and windy. Cold in the shade. All work in the grow is done. Took the dog out back and got out the snowblower. Fired up on the 6th or 7the pull. Glad I do my due diligence when It comes time to put it away for the summer. My snow blower is 25 years old and a 2cycle. If you don't put it away properly it is a b-itch to get it stated right before the snow flies.

This cold front is supposed to last through Monday with Sunday being the coldest and the most snow. We could get up to 10" if it hits us just right. Our northern mountains could get 2 feet.

Sounds like something my brother Ken would say. He lived at the principles office

Attachments

• IMG_2077.png
    IMG_2077.png
    473.2 KB · Views: 0
Sounds like something my brother Ken would say. He lived at the principles office
Funny you say that. My baby sister (RIP, Peeks) was three years behind me.
When she got to her senior year, she got one of my old teachers. A really neat guy named Mr. Nock. He was English Lit, IIRC.
I learned a lot from him.

As he was going through the kids in his class first day, he asked her "are you Bobby's sister?"

On her affirmative, he just dropped his head and sighed. She took great delight in telling that story over the years!

And he and I got along just fine. I thought. lol

Sending it your way Hippie. Just after noon here 35 and windy. Cold in the shade. All work in the grow is done. Took the dog out back and got out the snowblower. Fired up on the 6th or 7the pull. Glad I do my due diligence when It comes time to put it away for the summer. My snow blower is 25 years old and a 2cycle. If you don't put it away properly it is a b-itch to get it stated right before the snow flies.

This cold front is supposed to last through Monday with Sunday being the coldest and the most snow. We could get up to 10" if it hits us just right. Our northern mountains could get 2 feet.
TEN INCHES OF SNOW???

F
T
S
!

I was always in trouble in school. Knowing this group the way I do I would bet we are all from the same mold. Always pushing the envelope. I was one of the bad boys......you know what though.......Chicks Dig it.
Me and two buddies drove a '67 GTO out onto the football field during 1st period Homecoming Pep Rally my senior year.
We'd been hitting the Boone's Farm, and we had a big stuffed animal (the other team's mascot) that we ripped to pieces after we got out of the car. Right at the 50 yard line. The crowd went absolutely WILD! It was talked about for several years afterwards.

The head coach was also my P.E. coach, and he did. not. like. me. I had long hair, ya' see. And I was not an athlete.
AND I smoked dope. AND he was a part time sheriff's deputy. He tried to get us all kicked out of school, but admin wouldn't do it. There was no harm done. Now...if we'd done donuts on the field or something...lol

Latest posts

Back