Pollinating Outdoor Plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscarzuma

Reaction score
I've been offered a chance to make some seeds on my outdoor grow. My question, is it difficult to limit the seeds to just a branch or two of a plant, without seeding the entire crop? I've got healthy plants, but don't need seeds everywhere. The big girls are 2-3 weeks into flower, but the batch of clones are 10 days or so behind. Maybe the smartest thing is to just use a cloned plant, since they're mobile and could be done inside if necessary. Using small amounts of pollen in a bag could work on a calm day.
I've got runtz, OG, and watermelon fems. The pollen would be choice of 9lb hammer, hash plant, or gooberry. I think the time is now or soon.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

I've been offered a chance to make some seeds on my outdoor grow. My question, is it difficult to limit the seeds to just a branch or two of a plant, without seeding the entire crop? I've got healthy plants, but don't need seeds everywhere. The big girls are 2-3 weeks into flower, but the batch of clones are 10 days or so behind. Maybe the smartest thing is to just use a cloned plant, since they're mobile and could be done inside if necessary. Using small amounts of pollen in a bag could work on a calm day.
I've got runtz, OG, and watermelon fems. The pollen would be choice of 9lb hammer, hash plant, or gooberry. I think the time is now or soon.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Yep I tried for a few and C99 went everywhere

Brush a branch with pollen, bag that branch.
Come back the next day, carefully remove the bag and then mist that branch with water.
It will isolate the pollen to that branch for 24 hours, then when you spray with water it kills any leftover viable pollen.

Boom.
Just 1 lonely seeded branch.

Come back the next day, carefully remove the bag and then mist that branch with water.
It will isolate the pollen to that branch for 24 hours, then when you spray with water it kills any leftover viable pollen.

Boom.
Nice wow now I feel stupid

The winds calmed enough that I went ahead with the pollination experiment. I used a 9 lb Hammer male on a Runtz and on an OG Kush. The Runtz was a pretty special, huge cola'd plant with a strong candy smell and a great buzz. The OG buds weren't as girthy, but the plant yielded equivalent weight and OGs tend to cross well with other strains.
I used clones so I could bring them indoors and avoid seeding everywhere. Placed a paper bag with male flowers over a branch and shook vigorously. Then I stapled a bag over the branch and placed them back outside, but distant from the rest of the grow. I'll leave them that way for a day or two, then mist and place back with the group.
Glad I did it inside as I had a small pile of male flower on the table I worked at when I was done.

Boom.
Yup.... What he said..... most forget about the rinsing to prevent crossover pollen issues. way to cover all the bases.

Latest posts

Back