lighting set up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffca

Reaction score
all i ever is the lights that hang from the cieling with a huge set up deal. is there 400watt or 600 or 600'ish watt lights that dont have to be hung from anywhere that stand on the ground?

thanks

there is a light called Eileen i think. i think that is who makes them. but they look like those speaker stands. the skinny ones. not sure who carries them or who else might make them or what wattage they come in

jeffca said:
all i ever is the lights that hang from the cieling with a huge set up deal. is there 400watt or 600 or 600'ish watt lights that dont have to be hung from anywhere that stand on the ground?

thanks

Why would you not want to hang your light?

Growdude said:
Why would you not want to hang your light?

i dont want holes in my cieling, i dont own the place.

jeffca said:
i dont want holes in my cieling, i dont own the place.

If you can't even put a small hole in the ceiling for a light, how are you going to handle the ventilation?

i would suggest going to the grow room design section and looking around at some setups to get an idea of what your going to have to do as far as lights and air flow. if you'll do some reading you'll save alot of time waiting on people to answer your questions. you don't have to cut holes in the roof to hang lights.. you can use drop cords for power and small screw in hooks to hang string from to hold your lights.

And once you go to move out you can get some spackle and fillin the holes ;)

The Hemp Goddess said:
If you can't even put a small hole in the ceiling for a light, how are you going to handle the ventilation?
i thought i would just open a window from time to time and use a fan.. is this way off?

jeffca said:

thanks
just make a stand out of 2x4's . it's really simple

jeffca said:
i thought i would just open a window from time to time and use a fan.. is this way off?

Yeah, sorry, that is way off. Besides just not being nearly enough, unless you live in a remote area, the smell would be a problem. How big is your space?

The Hemp Goddess said:
Yeah, sorry, that is way off. Besides just not being nearly enough, unless you live in a remote area, the smell would be a problem. How big is your space?
i live in a master bedroom which is part of a house, is the smell really gonna be that big of a problem? like will it leave my room? i mean what if i get one of those odor things that you get from wal-mart or whatever? i'm not quite sure what else to do about ventilation, i mean i cant have a bunch of those tubes running all over my house, ya know.

jeffca said:
i live in a master bedroom which is part of a house, is the smell really gonna be that big of a problem? like will it leave my room? i mean what if i get one of those odor things that you get from wal-mart or whatever? i'm not quite sure what else to do about ventilation, i mean i cant have a bunch of those tubes running all over my house, ya know.

Unfortunately sometimes you CANNOT have your cake and eat it, too. Yes, smell will be a big problem. There are certain things you need to be able to do, like provide light, cooling, odor control, nutes, and ventilation. If you cannot provide these things, you might not be able to grow cannabis.

However, you might want to check out some of the small cabinet grow set-ups. There are some amazingly small self contained systems on here.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Unfortunately sometimes you CANNOT have your cake and eat it, too. Yes, smell will be a big problem.
k
There are certain things you need to be able to do, like provide light, cooling, odor control, nutes, and ventilation. If you cannot provide these things, you might not be able to grow cannabis.
so a fan and an open window isn't ventilation enough to grow?
However, you might want to check out some of the small cabinet grow set-ups. There are some amazingly small self contained systems on here
thanks, wouldn't small growth set ups eventually get big though
so with an odor thing would it still permeate the rest of the house or is it controllable?

jeffca said:
k

so a fan and an open window isn't ventilation enough to grow?
thanks, wouldn't small growth set ups eventually get big though
so with an odor thing would it still permeate the rest of the house or is it controllable?

Your responses to my post tell me that you know very little about growing. You need to do some reading so you at least have a basic idea of what you are dealing with.

No, a fan and an open window is not enough and like I already mentioned, smell will be a huge problem--both through the window and out through your bedroom door.

Small grows can be kept small. Odors can be controlled, but they must be contained and neutralized.

Please go do your homework. People here are happy to help (the operative word here being help), but we are not going to set up your whole grow for you.

there's a lot of information about ventilation set-ups etc... but i haven't come across anything that says what is needed to grow. i'm not asking for people to set up a grow room for me, i merely asked what degree of ventilation is needed.

ok your just asking questions randomly.. so i'll try to explain this very simple..

build a box.
buy a light that will give you between 3000 to 5000 lumens per square foot.
after installing your light find out what your temps are with it on.
use fans to control temp by pulling cool air in and warm air out to keep your temps below 90.. i like to keep mine below 85.
after your temps a steady plant enough plants to cover the floor of your box with pots. let them grow.
after they are around 4 weeks old you can give nutes.. 1/4 strength. then step it up a little the next time. follow directions on the nute package for how often to feed.
make sure your light isn't to hot on the tops of the plants.. use your hand to check. if its to hot for your hand its to hot for your plants.. now maybe you understand this maybe you don't but it doesn't get much simpler than that bro.. you need to go do alot of reading. if you don't understand any of this maybe you should find a easier hobby.

Latest posts

Back