Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1729691642573.png

Soooo, time for battery failures I guess! The Ford EV 12V house battery was down to 12.2 volts this morning and the system warned me. It is the original 2013 battery, so I have no complaints. Glad the cool weather brought it to my attention before the cold weather arrives.

Fortunately, the main propulsion 318V batteries are still taking full charge and are still without issue.

Good thing the mains ae good. Gotta cost ya an arm & leg & part of your good teeth to replace the main propulsion batteries. Scares me. Probably cost more than the car is worth.
Crossing our fingers on propulsion battery longevity, but it was estimated at 100K miles and we are only about half that.

I bought the car used as a low mileage mint lease trade in in 2016 and paid $12K for it, which was the price of battery replacement at the time. Now I see that I can buy a new battery pack for $10K, so the price came down.

And the beat goes on..................... After replacing the batteries in both cars, I then had to use my key to get into our house because the 9V battery in the digital door lock was low.
You've got my kind of luck.

Soooo, time for battery failures I guess! The Ford EV 12V house battery was down to 12.2 volts this morning and the system warned me. It is the original 2013 battery, so I have no complaints. Glad the cool weather brought it to my attention before the cold weather arrives.

Fortunately, the main propulsion 318V batteries are still taking full charge and are still without issue.
Replacing the 12V battery in the Ford EV was a circus. Both getting the old one out and the new one in was a magic act with in itself. It has to tilt and slide in or out on an angle with a interference fit.

Worse, the owner's manual specifies a 96R-500 or 590, which is what I got, but when I finally wiggled and forced the old OEM battery out, it was a 67R and the 96R was too big to fit into the space or box.

So I had to return the 96R-590 and get a 67R-400, that the factory actually put in it.

Latest posts

Back