Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Covered.jpg

Good evening Misfits. Sitting on the couch, smoking a bowl and watching a movie with my baby. We just ate one of those 100 mg gummies, they really help with the back pain. Finally talked to my brother this afternoon, the dang ringer was muted so I didn't know he had tried calling earlier in the day. He was rolling up a joint to smoke with his friends at the assisted living home. There are 2 other tokers that live there, so they have smoking sessions in the back of the house

We are getting ready to make cabbage and kielbasa. We cut it into wedges, butter them up really good, and then put in the kielbasa. Oh, and add a little water to the bottom of the dish, cover and bake it in the oven until the cabbage is tender. Lip smackin' good stuff, for sure!

We are getting ready to make cabbage and kielbasa. We cut it into wedges, butter them up really good, and then put in the kielbasa. Oh, and add a little water to the bottom of the dish, cover and bake it in the oven until the cabbage is tender. Lip smackin' good stuff, for sure!
I do a sweet and sour red cabbage with andouille that is killer!

JD’s SWEET AND SOUR RED CABBAGE WITH SAUSAGE​

2 tbsp olive oil

2 large salad onions, coarse diced

2 large elephant garlic cloves, diced

1 head red cabbage, shredded

2 Granny Smith apples, diced

¼ cup apple cider vinegar

¼ cup water

1 tsp. granulated sugar

1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

2 bay leaves

2 tsp. sweet basil

1 pound Cajun andouille or kielbasa, cut into 3/8” thick wafers

Salt and pepper to taste.

Heat the oil over medium heat in a large soup pot. Sauté the onions until they become translucent. Mix in the shredded cabbage, apples, and garlic. Stir them frequently and cook about 5 minutes or until the cabbage begins to soften.

Concurrently, mix in the vinegar and sugar together until the sugar dissolves. Add the water, bay leaves and basil. Pour the mixture into the pot with the cabbage mixture and add the sausage. Blend thoroughly; reduce the heat to medium-low, and place a lid on the pot. Cook an additional 30 minutes or so, stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper to taste and serve.

G'night, Wolffie.

Made a instapot full of cheesy potato and bacon soup. Turned out pretty nice for winging it. Burned up several different bags of shredded cheese that had been taking up space in the 'fridge and tossed in a chunk of parmesan to boot. Enough left for the Pullet to have some after she gets home.

Pullet made it back from the east coast tour. She didn't bring me back a ghost. I'd have settled for that raggedy Ann doll from the conjuring house, but she wouldn't steal it for me. Go figure.

Back