Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learned my lesson the one time I sold a new 4x4 skylight brand new in box
It cost 2000 dollars and I sold it for 450 dollars,
They ask if I would deliver it for that price.
I said no, you need to pick it up, Later that day I had the family in charge of a local Russian crime in my home
Checking all my shit out , I corralled them all up and said you are here for the skylight correct and the old man agreed and had the boys wait outside until the deal was done.
The old man (in charge) was very respectable to me and commented on how I should up to his crew. LOL (I was shitting Bricks with only a 5 shot in the sack) . Deal done was for his daughters house being built (real nice skylight worth way more than the 2 grand I paid But I too got such a deal ). The old man gave me his card as he smiled and said "you ever need a Good Job you call me , I need a good man who knows how to handle people. and laughed as he shook my hands again to thank me.
I even got an invite to the Daughters wedding.

Oh my point was You never know who might show up at your house.
I had FBI following me and my wife for days after that. They even stopped and explained why.
I acted like I had no idea who the old man was, and he was just there to buy a skylight.
They finally believed me after 2 weeks of getting frustrated with them.
I lost them a few times when they were doing it and the next time they saw me they would comment on my driver abilities.
It was fun in a strange way too. The FBI guys were nice to me, just doing there job I guess.

You won't find it much cheaper if any at all.
Hate to break it to ya but that's just what it costs now. It's absolutely disgusting, but ups drivers can make on average 80-100k a year. You do the math, that's why it's 800 dollars to ship a 300 dollar item.
That's what fking Unions do to the average Americans paycheck. They cause prices on everything to go up.
That's why vehicles are so expensive.
The goddamn UAW drives prices up.
I'm glad Texas is a right to work State.

You won't find it much cheaper if any at all.
Hate to break it to ya but that's just what it costs now. It's absolutely disgusting, but ups drivers can make on average 80-100k a year. You do the math, that's why it's 800 dollars to ship a 300 dollar item.
And the drivers don't have to go into debt for a 300K student loan in gender studies to get the job, either.
I sell my extras as pick up in local area only and meet the buyers in a parking lot not my home
Same here. I'm meeting a guy at the local cop shop parking lot to drop off a set of 6.5X55 reloading dies that I don't need at noon today. I've been selling a bunch of oddball dies for a friend. Some folks will pay the extra $12 to ship, but the locals can't see paying half the price of the dies for the convenience. I prefer face to face, too. No chance of getting scammed that way, and no paypal fees or trips to the post office.

36 degrees with the sun peeking up over the treeline.

That's what fking Unions do to the average Americans paycheck. They cause prices on everything to go up.
That's why vehicles are so expensive.
The goddamn UAW drives prices up.
I'm glad Texas is a right to work State.
I hate unions
I was in a union, ONCE
Never again. Waste of money

Good morning Misfits. Currently 42, with a high of 74 expected today. Sitting in my favorite chair, smoking a bowl and waiting for my brother to call

Yikes.
Just got back from the gun store....
Went for some ammo.
80 dollars a box of 20 .260 remington ammo. I bought 2, but think I'll be getting a tap and dye set for this rifle

Yikes.
Just got back from the gun store....
Went for some ammo.
80 dollars a box of 20 .260 remington ammo. I bought 2, but think I'll be getting a tap and dye set for this rifle
Ammo prices are beyond stupid right now.
I definitely don’t waste any, needlessly plinking at stuff.

Ammo prices are beyond stupid right now.
I definitely don’t waste any, needlessly plinking at stuff.
Yeah I need to sight my rifle in for deer season and that's it, but at the price they were I just grabbed 2 cause it's only gonna get worse 😩

IMG_6679.jpeg

Hey @WeedHopper, the labels you ordered have been printed.
You should have them sometime next week.

We are good listeners if you need to talk
I know that's what I have come to love about you all. I'm the same. The wife and I are leaving the country for a while and disconnect from every day life. Most people can't do what we're about to do. Spent $50,000 2 days ago on a new vehicle and were off. See you soon either here or national news.

I know that's what I have come to love about you all. I'm the same. The wife and I are leaving the country for a while and disconnect from every day life. Most people can't do what we're about to do. Spent $50,000 2 days ago on a new vehicle and were off. See you soon either here or national news.
Enjoy this time and relax

Only rifle I shoot with any frequency is either a 22 LR, 22 Mag, or 17 HMR. Good for chicken killers of all variety.

I probably shoot my deer rifle more times a year than I do a .22, anymore.
I got one of them fancy pellet guns that I have been wanting to try out on squirrels.
May do that this winter, after deer season.

I got one of them fancy pellet guns that I have been wanting to try out on squirrels.
I got sone cats you can use for target practice if the dont behave

I love my .22 air rifle. Kills all kinds of stuff.
Coons, squirrels, rats, woodchucks, mice, yup. Love it

Latest posts

Back