Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Sun Day morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

A mostly clear day here starting at 48F and predicted to reach 75F.

Some good news is that I spent extra time on the stationary bike yesterday and didn't have to use a heating pad on my hips to sleep last night. A better solution than drugs and heat, it continues to work.

I did wake up early obsessing on a wrong done to me by my bosses' boss twenty-four years ago and couldn't go back to sleep, so got up and started my day. Absurd because there is nothing I can do about it now and he is probably already dead.

Nothing to eat yet, but the sleep was divine. Woke up around 0600 to find the Old Hen wasn't in bed. Not too unusual 'cause she's got that restless leg syndrome. No sooner had woke up and here she is, fully clothed, climbing back in bed to cuddle. Put my arm around her and the next thing I know, the birds are raising holey hell. Looked up at the clock and it was 1245! We both went out, bigtime.
Squawkers fed, and trying to figure out what to do for the rest of the day.
I knew it! Glad it was a good sleep. Nothing better than snuggling with a loved one. These days it’s my dogs as my hubby passed in 2008.

I'm pretty sure your Husband passed knowing he had married his best friend and a good woman.
Yeah he knew, but his dumb ass would still be here if he would have followed the Drs orders. He had diabetes and would eat anything and everything. If my sugar gets high I will just take more insulin. Those were his sentiments. Got him in an early grave the insulin made his kidneys shut down.

Zooming on by. Worked in the gore for a few hours. Got about twenty minutes left of work then I’m going to sample Gelato from this last harvest and watch a movie. Well, watch what I can with to little kids making ever so much noise. I don’t know what kids are more efficient at. Making smells or making noise.

Afternoon, Islanders! Had a wonderful late lunch with my bride, my brother, and his bride at Joe's garage. Joe's selling the place and his last day open is the 18th. Place is always packed. His health went to hell. He's had close to half a dozen strokes, and he figures he's gonna spend the rest of the time he's got left with his family. Can't blame the man a bit. Gonna miss the place, though. It's supposedly gonna be a high class Mexican restaurant. I'll give 'em a try if'n I don't have to wear a suit and a necktie. Lot of folks in my family tree met their maker dressed like that. :)

Latest posts

Back