Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying to get a dozen Semara eggs, supposed to be the smallest chicken in the world. Cocky looking things.
Nice thunderstorm moved through this evening. We sure needed the rain.
I’m planning on running chickens through the incubators for two months. Can get 6 runs in two months. Should get around 120 birds out of that. If I can sell 100 hens come spring I’ll gross $2000, takes $30 a week to feed that many birds. Six months, 24 weeks to maturity. Cost me about $500 to feed em from hatch to sale. Would net a cool $1500 bucks.
Hard to get 100 hens, mostly cockerels when they hatch. If I run all three incubators I could expect 180 hatched. Give or take.
Pretty birds!

Pretty birds!
I think so too. I wanted an ornamental breed to offer along with the standard egg layers I have.
I may build a pen across the pond near the slaughterhouse next year. Legally I can sell 600 birds a year without a permit. And I always follow the law…. 🤠

I think so too. I wanted an ornamental breed to offer along with the standard egg layers I have.
I may build a pen across the pond near the slaughterhouse next year. Legally I can sell 600 birds a year without a permit. And I always follow the law…. 🤠
I use to raise Pheasants
Goldens, and Lady Amherst's are beautiful
1725017379543.png

1725017475626.png

Not much different than you are doing now, sold pretty good for higher dollars

Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

It continues to be gorgeous here starting at 57F and predicted to reach 93F.

Today is A-Teams luncheon with our oldest member 87 years old and wearing both a pacemaker and a diaper, but still sharp, in good spirits, and good shape from working out at the gym daily.

A-Team was an assembly of Structural Division's best of the best Manufacturing Engineers, whom they called when the shit hit the fan or when miracles were needed overnight or later yet the same day.

Trying to get a dozen Semara eggs, supposed to be the smallest chicken in the world. Cocky looking things.
Nice thunderstorm moved through this evening. We sure needed the rain.
I’m planning on running chickens through the incubators for two months. Can get 6 runs in two months. Should get around 120 birds out of that. If I can sell 100 hens come spring I’ll gross $2000, takes $30 a week to feed that many birds. Six months, 24 weeks to maturity. Cost me about $500 to feed em from hatch to sale. Would net a cool $1500 bucks.
Hard to get 100 hens, mostly cockerels when they hatch. If I run all three incubators I could expect 180 hatched. Give or take.
Luck to you sound like a nice venture

I use to raise Pheasants
View attachment 361336
View attachment 361337
Those are beautiful. I have a neighbor that sells peacocks. Those feathers on the males are beautiful. I think they are 100 bucks a pop. Too rich for my blood. Our cats would just eat them anyway

I use to raise Pheasants
View attachment 361336
View attachment 361337
I wanted to raise the same birds. I should have done it at the old ranch. I even quit chickens over here at the new ranch. I was spending good money to have an all you can eat buffet for coons, 'possums, hawks, stray cats, and 'yotes.
If I'm still alive next year, I might try chickens again. I miss the flavor of freerange banty eggs. My neighbors do, too.

Latest posts

Back