Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disney sucs , I can not express my feeling why ,
Yep my son tells me all about it. I know the D+ came as a package is why we have it but the kids mostly watch The Simpson on it. I watch Hulu to get shows I miss on live TV. Mostly only watch Ncis with mom at night. We just finished the OG and moved to New Orleans. Probably should have done Los Angeles next but she wont remember watching any of it.

Evening folks. Went outside to smoke a little bowl and watched the moon rise. Thought about life. Past and present. I remember seeing some spectacular moons over the years.
When my dad and I started restoring a 1967 Camaro back around 1999, I was about 11 years old. We stayed out in the shop till 3-4am. It was cold, and the shop was out in the county and I remember being in awe of the stars. We lived in town and our sky was never like that.
And it was the first time I’d ever been up that late.
And now I live out there and I see the beautiful sky every night. The city lights are brighter than 25 years ago. Atlanta is only 75 miles or so away straight line. Our town grew substantially. As well as the neighboring city.
When I was a kid you could just see the Milky Way.
Now I sit outside and count those Fking satellites gliding by overhead.

I’d say we have about 8-12 years before we figure out the Terminator movies were really documentaries.

You should check out Montana. I swear, the moon looks twice as big out there.

Love their speed limits, too. "Reasonable & prudent." I was doing 90 out in the middle of nowhere and a cop was coming from the other direction. He never even blinked. Now, when you come into a town, there's where the prudent takes over. I talked to a few of the locals out there and commented on the speeds. They said that's daytime only, and that they'd write you up for 56 after dark.
You could always tell when a reservation was in the area. The bars had little white crosses on just about every corner. The state puts 'em up when somebody gets killed drunk driving.

Good morning revered brothers and sisters of repoot!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Another gorgeous day starting at 57F and predicted to reach 79F.

Alas, I tried to pick my first ripe tomato and the whole bunch broke off, so I guess we are going to have some fried green tomatoes too..........

I also removed the 10' tall center tomato plant that is just starting to bloom and has about five small tomatoes on it, to give the other two more light, because the small tomatoes won't have time to ripen before frost this year

One of our friends rubbed it in by gifting us four ripe tomatoes, complaining that they had so many ripe tomatoes that they didn't know what to do with them.

We ate our first ripe tomato for the year sliced with a little salt and the largess from our friend in BLT's on sourdough.

First ripe.JPG

Good morning revered brothers and sisters of repoot! View attachment 360898View attachment 360899

Another gorgeous day starting at 57F and predicted to reach 79F.

Alas, I tried to pick my first ripe tomato and the whole bunch broke off, so I guess we are going to have some fried green tomatoes too..........

I also removed the 10' tall center tomato plant that is just starting to bloom and has about five small tomatoes on it, to give the other two more light, because the small tomatoes won't have time to ripen before frost this year

One of our friends rubbed it in by gifting us four ripe tomatoes, complaining that they had so many ripe tomatoes that they didn't know what to do with them.

We ate our first ripe tomato for the year sliced with a little salt and the largess from our friend in BLT's on sourdough.

View attachment 360900
I love fried green tomatoes.

Better than taters and gooder than snuff!
Better than 'taters? Blasphemy!

Good morning, Misfits. Starting out with sunshine. Not sure what it's going to turn into, but I'll deal with it one way or the other.
57 degrees right now. Is this August or October?

Better than 'taters? Blasphemy!

Good morning, Misfits. Starting out with sunshine. Not sure what it's going to turn into, but I'll deal with it one way or the other.
57 degrees right now. Is this August or October?
Your opinion Sir

Latest posts

Back