Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wrestled the rotovator onto the back of the Kubota. Took me and the Old Hen both, and it wasn't easy. On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being the easiest, the implement installation and removal would be;
1) Backhoe
2) Front end loader
3) Mower deck
4,5,6,7,8) Anything that hooks onto the three point hitch.
10) That damned rotovator. PITA.
You need to tell The Old Hen she needs to start working out Brother ....preferably at a safe distance.....

I do have a still, but alcohol is so cheap I just let it go. Many "lab" fires are from reclamation efforts, usually mis use of ether. Even with ether back in the day, and as hard as it was to get lab grade ether (metal can like brake fluid came in) I still let it go to the sky. Plus, my efforts are small, for my own use.In the day with ether, i still did an alcohol extraction first. Much less than trying to extract the weed with ether! That, and you would need a whole new setup....the little Isomerizer was never ever ever intended to use anything but alcohol, NOT ether! That would be a disaster. Ether fumes are more explosive the gasoline, which is insanely bad.

Bubba
What proof alcohol have you been able to obtain? any 190?

I've made a couple of stills for use recovering ethanol after extraction. The first one was a simple one using an asparagus steamer in a fondue pot for the boiler and a copper coil in a salad bowl full of ice water for the condenser.

The second was a vacuum assisted refluxing still, that will also produce 190 proof from scratch.
Pot in pot on bottom isolator  .jpg
Ice water condenser-1-1.jpg
Recovering alcohol.jpg
Vacuum still 2.jpg

Attachments

• Pot in pot on bottom isolator  .jpg
    Pot in pot on bottom isolator .jpg
    1 MB
  • Ice water condenser-1-1.jpg
    Ice water condenser-1-1.jpg
    88.2 KB
  • Recovering alcohol.jpg
    Recovering alcohol.jpg
    621.2 KB
I've made a couple of stills for use recovering ethanol after extraction. The first one was a simple one using an asparagus steamer in a fondue pot for the boiler and a copper coil in a salad bowl full of ice water for the condenser.

The second was a vacuum assisted refluxing still, that will also produce 190 proof from scratch.
View attachment 328882View attachment 328883View attachment 328884View attachment 328886
"Some Men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and asked why not " J.F.K.

View attachment 328882View attachment 328883View attachment 328884View attachment 328886
You have to acknowledge your Mr's for allowing that in her close proximity.just saying !

You have to acknowledge your Mr's for allowing that in her close proximity.just saying !
A jewel, but part of the baggage that comes with marrying an engineer. Those two are but a small part of all the equipment that I've built and operated here at home.

Besides the stuff I ran in the kitchen or back courtyard, I operated WolfWurx, Inc assembly operation out of our garage.......................

Mk IV Phoenix prototype.jpg
Beta ***** rear view.jpg
Beta *****.jpg
Jenny.jpg
First run.jpg
Medizin Maker install.jpg

A jewel, but part of the baggage that comes with marrying an engineer. Those two are but a small part of all the equipment that I've built and operated here at home.

Besides the stuff I ran in the kitchen or back courtyard, I operated WolfWurx, Inc assembly operation out of our garage.......................

View attachment 328899View attachment 328900View attachment 328901View attachment 328902View attachment 328903View attachment 328904
I’ll bet look at all that stuff Wow. you are like Johann Dippel. Do you have a secret laboratory in your garage?

Damn back is mad at me. I've got spots that are hurting that normally don't. Guess I'm gettin' too old to wrestle that far outta my weight class. Damn rotovator weighs over 700 pounds. Feels like you're pushing a full dresser Harley with a flat tire.

Speaking of flat tires, the Old Hen managed to get one on her Trail Blazer. Gotta wrestle that bastard off tomorrow morning and take it somewhere to either get patched or replaced. She's got less than 10K on the blasted car.

View attachment 328899View attachment 328900View attachment 328901View attachment 328902View attachment 328903View attachment 328904
Never seen bongs like that .... :) 😲

Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
cigar5.gif
dog3.gif
german-shepherd.gif
dogwalk.gif

Mostly cloudy here starting at 50C and predicted to reach 66F.

I trimmed back our Quince yesterday, to give one of the tomatoes more sunlight and added 10' central stakes for them to climb, in addition to their cages. Looking happy and healthy so far and continuing to sprout new blossoms.

Dropping the Jeep off for a tune-up this morning. After noting where they hid the distributor, I decided to do myself a favor and pay to have someone less crippled up and with more of a sense of humor to do the work.

I'm pleased with the new samples of sugar wax dropped off for me to sample. Well done Pharmex!

Goodnight Monday is a blink away!

it is already here Amigo

good morning

tilled up the garden yesterday and it kicked my arse

gotta load up the tiller and take it back to the hardware store , i rent the tiller on Saturday and return it monday morning and only get charged for one day cause they are closed on sundays….

two for the price of one!

9C357A30-FB2B-4E7F-A6CF-99E8E1AFDAF5.jpeg

Latest posts

Back