Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GW
I see how to wire a relay in but what exactly does it do, will it stop a parasitic drain when truck is off
It breaks the circuit when you turn the key off and the microamps needed to operate them is a minimal drain on the circuit that you use to trigger it.

I doubt that the draw is that much, so you could get away with just hooking the camera to your auxiliary power plug and not run a special circuit with relay. It will still turn on and off with the ignition switch, so no drain.

It breaks the circuit when you turn the key off and the microamps needed to operate them is a minimal drain on the circuit that you use to trigger it.

I doubt that the draw is that much, so you could get away with just hooking the camera to your auxiliary power plug and not run a special circuit with relay. It will still turn on and off with the ignition switch, so no drain.
OK thk You
I was thinking because we want it on all times truck is on, I will run a wire back from cab to rear camera off of the aux power in dash, This is same site the dash display will be plugged into with a 12 volt push in plug.

1666527859000.png

OK thk You
I was thinking because we want it on all times truck is on, I will run a wire back from cab to rear camera off of the aux power in dash, This is same site the dash display will be plugged into with a 12 volt push in plug.

View attachment 311766
Should work.

Most trailer plugs operate the rear lights, so they would need to be on as well to have power for a camera.
Im starting to think You are correct
The trailer plug wires are not always powered the hot will come on with key
This just made my day , No crawling on ground hopefully
Thk you much. I have a direction to travel now.

Say, you may have already done this, but I added their quartz heat/bowl thing for 11.99. Just tried it out. Surprising improvement! First, its very easy to get clean. You can see the element inside of the quartz, and it cleans off like glass.

Taste is much cleaner, without the burnt taste the ceramic one can give after first hit or two. Seemed like I got considerably more hits than with the ceramic setup. I also followed my usual protocol, low heat until nothing, level 2, then three. No need. first I noticed not only more hits, but more big ones and somewhat less harsh and way better tasting. When hits stopped, went to level two.....nothing. pressed the button to extend time 20 more seconds....nothing. Up to level three, nothing again! It burned it all on first level with improved results. The easier clean is a winner too. I think burnt crud that cant be removed from the ceramic with Q tip and alcohol, is why taste was not as fresh after first one or two and increased heat levels required. I was afraid to Scrape it, but may try now that I have the quartz version, and an extra spare quartz as well.

For 11.99, thumbs up!

https://www.vpm.com/xmax-qomo-quartz-coil/

Last edited:
Our new puppy Maryjane is growing like crazy. Already almost as tall a my lab BB with really long legs. She has learned to ring the bell we hung on the door for her to let us know she has to go out @boo thought you might try this if you are still working on house training.

52C55E18-CC56-461F-BE3B-0CA542C4DEF2.jpeg

Our new puppy Maryjane is growing like crazy. Already almost as tall a my lab BB with really long legs. She has learned to ring the bell we hung on the door for her to let us know she has to go out @boo thought you might try this if you are still working on house training.

View attachment 311784View attachment 311783

trouble now is she rings the bell all the time now to go out…🤨

How is the lil guy doing have you played tickle the belly
Oh yes. He's all teeth and claws. Really a sweet little kitten. The female is starting to come around; no hissing, but still not as friendly. She will be. We smother 'em with love.

Latest posts

Back