How many plants can i grow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffca

Reaction score
i have a 400watt hps light and about 8ft x 10ft to grow, i don't really plant on covering the entire area with plants nor do i think i would want to or could with a 400watt. how many plants could i grow with this space and a 400watt. and how many could i grow if i had a 600watt hps?

i plan on planting them in the pots im going to flower them in, probably 3 gallon pots.

thanks

jeffca said:
i have a 400watt hps light and about 8ft x 10ft to grow, i don't really plant on covering the entire area with plants nor do i think i would want to or could with a 400watt. how many plants could i grow with this space and a 400watt. and how many could i grow if i had a 600watt hps?

i plan on planting them in the pots im going to flower them in, probably 3 gallon pots.

thanks

400 watts is best in a 10 sq/ft room, 18 sq/ft for the 600 watt

# of plants is up to you, 1 monster or 50 SOG.

You do understand, don't you, that you really should have a sectioned off space or a box to grow in. You talk like you are just going to have several plants in your bedroom with a light hanging over them and open the window once in awhile...

yeah you should devide the room into two rooms one for veg one for flower.. I used 2x2 and 1/4 panel..and end up with 2@ 4 x 5 rooms..Thats what I did in my room..But you will still need more lumes then the 400.. I use 2 @ 400HD in Veg and 1000HPS in flower..If you have the cash create the 2 rooms and do it right my friend..Good luck

I use 2 1000 hps in 25 sq feet.
You can check out my grow area i setup cheap here!!

s21thomas said:
I use 2 1000 hps in 25 sq feet.
You can check out my grow area i setup cheap here!!

Great setup! But I am wondering, just how cheap is cheap?

4u2smoke said:
yeah you should devide the room into two rooms one for veg one for flower.. I used 2x2 and 1/4 panel..and end up with 2@ 4 x 5 rooms..Thats what I did in my room..But you will still need more lumes then the 400.. I use 2 @ 400HD in Veg and 1000HPS in flower..If you have the cash create the 2 rooms and do it right my friend..Good luck

thanks but i dont think i am going to flower them seperately from their vegetation setup. is the reason that it should be blocked off that you can put mylar on the walls and all that? or what is the big reason about having it blocked off?

you do not veg and flower in the same room because when flowering you need complete darkness hence one room for veg one romm for flowering in hope this helps....take care

with my 400HPS, i use a 2 X 4 tray and do between 12-24 plants depending on strain. i try to let them get no taller than 20". with a 400 if you grow 1 "monster" youd better study up on lst cause your gonna have to make it grow sideways ( sort-of ) for the 400 to do a good job..IMO

lyfr said:
with my 400HPS, i use a 2 X 4 tray and do between 12-24 plants depending on strain. i try to let them get no taller than 20". with a 400 if you grow 1 "monster" youd better study up on lst cause your gonna have to make it grow sideways ( sort-of ) for the 400 to do a good job..IMO

thanks, would you recommend a 600hps instead, if i'm planning on growing like 8-12 plants?

Yes, having the grow area secluded from the rest of the room does have to do with reflectivity. If the light travels beyond the growing perimeter tons of lumens will be wasted. You don't *need* those extra lumens if you have a powerful enough grow light but neither a 400W or 600W would be enough.

I would recommend getting the highest wattage possible. Even if you have enough lumens with a 400W the added light of a 600W would only help. The main reason to get the 600W, which is why I decided to go with a 600W lamp, is light penetration. If you're growing plants that will end up over 3ft. tall 600W is the way to go so you can get enough light to the lower fan leaves.

Latest posts

Back