has this happened to you.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

allmashedup

hi everyone. well 1 of my seeds has popped thru the soil today. but when i took a closer look, 1 of the 1st little round leaves has dropped off. also it still has the seed caseing really attached to it, is that normal for 1 of the leaves to just drop off? ive never had it happen before. ? thanks :)

:yeahthat: but you never know it might just grow nice and strong:48:

never happened to me.i have had to take the shell off several times.

I would carefully take off the seed casing and see what happens. I've had some funky looking seedlings that grew into nice plants, but never had leaves fall off earlier.

allmashedup said:
hi everyone. well 1 of my seeds has popped thru the soil today. but when i took a closer look, 1 of the 1st little round leaves has dropped off. also it still has the seed caseing really attached to it, is that normal for 1 of the leaves to just drop off? ive never had it happen before. ? thanks :)
Yes with every seed i ever used in the rapid rooters and sometimes even in soil the seed stays on the round leafs or even covers the whole top and its a stem and a seed on top, well it doesn't really matter about the small round leaves as long as its not affecting the new sets of leafs just let it fall off or cut off most of the small round leaf, you should be cool :aok:

No, that doesn't sound normal, but just wait and see what happens.

Personally, I've never pulled the seed casing off. Some of those remain on my plants for 3 weeks or more.

I haven't had the same experience, but..... I do have a nice healthy plant that had the shell membrane stuck around the tip of both round leaves. They basicaly grew outward but the tips remained stuck togther, all the while the new set of true leaves came in. I managed to get the membrane off but it did brown the tips of both....so if it was on there long enough I suppose it's possible that it'd burn it all..

Alistair Young said:
No, that doesn't sound normal, but just wait and see what happens.

Personally, I've never pulled the seed casing off. Some of those remain on my plants for 3 weeks or more.

after like 3 days you can use toothpicks or tweezers

actually it happedned to mine.
i had the seed casing stcuk on and one leaf was white and started to fall off and the other joined eventually, its probabky a burn,

are you using soils that already have NUTes in them?

you can look at mine., i only did one seed and it was like yours and it turned to be a girl,

but id call it good Karma so if youve been a good boy/girl.
then the green mojo should be always on your side.

as above :) just support the stem with your hand and take it off

Latest posts

Back