Feeding schedule and Nutrient burn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffca

Reaction score
what is a good feeding schedule, and how much of what nutes do you put into your plant's soil, do you put the nutes into the water before you water it? i heard that miracle grow gives nutrient burns (are these really bad to where it will die or have low yields?) and other problems.

what kind of soil would you guys recommend? and where to get it?

Browse around and read all the threads on the first couple pages here and you'll have many of your questions answered.

slowmo77 said:

i've read all that .. for about the 10th time lol, but the reason i posted the question again is because that didn't answer my question. the only thing it says about amounts of the nutrients in the dirt is that it varys tremendously, it doesn't say anything about how much should be in your dirt. and it doesn't say anything about a feeding schedule. and it doesn't recommend any soil. "what kind of soil would you guys recommend? and where to get it?"

i appreciate the help though

I've been using FF Ocean Forest soil and think it works great. I also recommend Fox Farms nutrients, but 1/2 strength seems to be the sweet spot for my ladies.

Wassup,
I peronaly like using natural bat guano's for flower, this really helps with taste and smell, i use about 1tblspn per gallon. I also like using Advanced nutrients, they make it real easy to grow some dank fat buds, you can check out there website and they will even tell you how much to add, there found at advancednutrients.com. Hope this can help,Peace and Love!!!
Roken.

if i were you,id run with fox farm ocean forest soil.and since youre a noobie,i'd use ionic nutrients.youll need grow,bloom,boost..theyre like 20 per gallon..so 60 bucks altogether at your local hydroponic shop,or an online shop. (if your not growin many plants,you can get smaller bottles)

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
if i were you,id run with fox farm ocean forest soil.and since youre a noobie,i'd use ionic nutrients.youll need grow,bloom,boost..theyre like 20 per gallon..so 60 bucks altogether at your local hydroponic shop,or an online shop. (if your not growin many plants,you can get smaller bottles)

thanks bro, is this fox farm ocean forest soil only peat moss, vermiculite, and perlite? if not what is it? like do i have to put my own nute's into it? i heard vermiculite was cancer causing and not good, is this true?

a big question i have is, what nutrient blend should i have in my soil in the seedling stage (is the seedling stage like the first week?) (then vegative stage?) and then after?

The ultimate potting soil—everything your plants need, in one bag. Ocean Forest® is a powerhouse blend of premium earthworm castings, bat guano, and Pacific Northwest sea-going fish and crab meal. Composted forest humus, sandy loam, and sphagnum peat moss give Ocean Forest® its light, aerated texture. Start with Ocean Forest® and watch your plants come alive!

Garden tip: Perfect for containers and ready to use right out of the bag. Ocean Forest® is pH adjusted at 6.3 to 6.8 to allow for optimum fertilizer uptake. There’s no need for nitrogen fertilizers at first; instead try an organic blend like FoxFarm Big Bloom™ Liquid Plant Food to encourage strong branching and a sturdy, healthy growth habit.

Taken from the Fox Farm site[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]

[/FONT]

so you put the seedling in the ocean forest and keep it in the same thing through it's veg and flowering stage? won't it eat up all the nutrients, or can you add more?

are seedlings supposed to be exposed to so much nutrients?

thanks guys for the feed back.

dude put a seed in some dirt and wet it. keep it wet till it starts to grow. when it starts to grow feed it but not to much. thats about a simple as it gets. while its growing i recommend you read read read read. as you go you learn how everything works. but read read read read put some time in and you'll be happy you did.

jeffca,
You got to find some of these things out by reading. i read, i planted, i grew. You can do it too...really!

These guys here, they are patient, but .....dude, some of those questions almost seem like you are trying to be dense and piss people off.

Yes the plant stays in the soil, you add more soil as you transplant the plant into bigger containers.....OR you can plant the lil girl in the ground, mixing some nice bag soil (ocean forest for example) with your own dirt in the hole.
Yes you add nutrients....to the water, then water the plant. AND, for sure wet that dirt you put that seed in...and wait for it to sprout. A good all round gardening rule is plant the seed three times the width of the seed.

I think these guys have the patience of saints...and if any of you read this.....i am proud to be a member of a forum that the people here are so nice and patient. i on the other hand.......have less patience.
good growing

sorry i dont mean to come off like that. i have read a lot of the sticky's but haven't found all of the answers i was looking for. when i go to ask a question my mind turns that one question into 10.

thanks for your help.

Here is a easy way to understand soil.
1. you feed the soil, add compost and other organic matter or certain types of feed...like guanos or a "solid" type food the soil is enriched and the plant eats that way

OR

2. you feed the plant. This method usually requires you add the food, which is usually liquid to the water and feed the plant

Many ways to do it, and yes I understand 1 question leads to 10 LOL.

im not trying to be unpleasent but man. i've givin links to the resources page 3 or 4 times. if you can find the answer there then asking is the only way to get it. but reading it in the form of a how to makes it so much easier to understand. good luck

Latest posts

Back