Beans from Carty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dog pens fenced over the top might also work. To grow outside in my state, they have to be in a locked, fenced area. The fence has to be on five sides. My pot pen is six foot tall, and sometimes I've got to tuck the tallest ones down.
I have one of those. We used to have a sun room off the laundry room. Its a 6 x12x6

I will have to dig out the floor though right now it is in the wrong place. I am sitting at the grill and you can see it from plain view from the street. I guess I can tarp the street side.😢

Got tired of the darn bugs so I doused everything with DE today. They are covered. I watered first then used a shaker bottle to spread it. Then a good shake to further spread it. Bye, bye aphids. Sorry if the lace wigs get it them a-holes keep biting me. Inside and out. My plants look like they were at a coke party at Tony Montana's house!

Dem bugs is a pain in the arse outdoors. I miss that free light but not the constant job of searching through leaf, stem, bud. Then ya add the environmental issues...pm, budrot, heat, ECT.
I'm in my underware sitting in front of my tent on a 5gal bucket smokin a fattie as the ac blasts. Comfortable indoors...Mmmm

They are usually gone by June. It gets so hot here we usually do not have to worry about bugs after June 1st. They are here and not leaving or even thinning out. I planted a cucuzzi and a spaghetti squash this year. The DE is supposed to work on the squash bugs we will see. My only produce but there is a tomatillo volunteer in the same place as last year. A bird must a crapped it the first year. Last year it popped up mid sept. It came back for round 2. I planted them one year and the birds ate them all we got none so I don't bother anymore

They are usually gone by June. It gets so hot here we usually do not have to worry about bugs after June 1st. They are here and not leaving or even thinning out. I planted a cucuzzi and a spaghetti squash this year. The DE is supposed to work on the squash bugs we will see. My only produce but there is a tomatillo volunteer in the same place as last year. A bird must a crapped it the first year. Last year it popped up mid sept. It came back for round 2. I planted them one year and the birds ate them all we got none so I don't bother anymore

Don't breathe the DE in. It'll cut your lungs up just like asbestos.
Well shit that was not on the package.

Inhaling diatomaceous earth can irritate the nose, nasal passages, and respiratory tract. It can also cause dryness and symptoms like coughing, sore throat, wheezing, and difficulty breathing. Inhaling large amounts can lead to decreased lung function, lung damage, and silicosis, which is inflammation and scarring of the lungs caused by crystalline silica

Granddaddy purple getting there
Image_2024-06-17 17_53_35_030.png
Image_2024-06-17 17_49_56_886.png
Image_2024-06-17 17_51_39_756.png
Image_2024-06-17 17_51_19_528.png
Image_2024-06-17 17_50_22_901.png
Image_2024-06-17 17_51_44_981.png
Image_2024-06-17 17_51_27_873.png

Dem bugs is a pain in the arse outdoors. I miss that free light but not the constant job of searching through leaf, stem, bud. Then ya add the environmental issues...pm, budrot, heat, ECT.
I'm in my underware sitting in front of my tent on a 5gal bucket smokin a fattie as the ac blasts. Comfortable indoors...Mmmm
We don't smoke in the house Dad is on Oxygen. You are right about the bugs. I usually don't have bug problems with our heat. We get aphids in spring they usually last a month or so. Then just flies and ants which don't bother my crops. I only had issues once with the cabbage worms. They showed up when the buds were just starting to turn amber so I cut them a week or 2 early. I wont spray in flower and I didn't know about DE yet. The DE is helping There was a bunch of dead bugs on the tables this morning. I will need to chip GDP maybe today

She's been thru the wringer huh? all this stress, be on the lookout for nanners ok... not saying it will but stress like this can confuse a plant ok.. when I get these seeds from Draig I think I'll start 9 Purple Beast or whatever we are calling them.... this will give us a good look at it vs trying to check out a single plant eh?

She's been thru the wringer huh? all this stress, be on the lookout for nanners ok... not saying it will but stress like this can confuse a plant ok.. when I get these seeds from Draig I think I'll start 9 Purple Beast or whatever we are calling them.... this will give us a good look at it vs trying to check out a single plant eh?
Yep when I run testers I do 15-20 because males and I want to see how they all look….compared to each other. I hope she starts stacking buds soon. For 2 weeks she just stood there looking the same. I think we are past the worst of it. Not really seeing any seed pods. I just hope I didn't ruin her.

Latest posts

Back