The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
will a marine biologist do?
You know me too well
It will almost be time for me to leave
Hold out your hand
1682946324365.png

You know me too well
It will almost be time for me to leave
Hold out your hand
View attachment 326562

i have no idea what you are talking about my Friend……

leave?…..where ya going and why?….none of my business is an acceptable answer

hold out my hand for what?……more cryptic language that went right over my simple brain

anyway , lets have a party today!

I wonder if Walts Parents agreed to extra undercoating and special polymer protectant coating the day he was born?
You forgot the Scotchguard. He's still a handsom brute.
i have no idea what you are talking about my Friend……

leave?…..where ya going and why?….none of my business is an acceptable answer

hold out my hand for what?……more cryptic language that went right over my simple brain

anyway , lets have a party today!
Snatch the pebble from my hand, Grasshopper.

Ummmm, isn't Walt older than special polymer protectant coatings?
Damn' right.

I wuz born (on probation) under the sign of "Hospital" in Sharon, Connecticut in 1940.

Delivery fee for Himself: Doctors, bed, yada total hospital bill for your magnificent Unca: $15.00 <-- TINS (That's about the cost of a Big Mac, fries, and a shake today.)

Last edited:
Cheap at twice the price!
Unca Sam got me square with the Great Bookkeeper In The Sky: I got borned for $15, and when I joined up (and also got married) I was receiving a check for $31.00 every two weeks.

My witchy-poo's military allowance was $91.30 per month.

So here's some arithmetic for me to claim I am even at least:

$31.00 every two weeks divided by 14 equals $2.21 per day (and they were most ricky-tick not 8-hour days, they were 24 hour days).

So... $2.21 divided by 24 (hrs/day) = 9 cents an hour (before taxes).

9 cents an hour gross pay adds up to $15.00 in only 167 days -- the rest of my enlistment was pure velvet; I'd paid off my birth debit in just a few months of 24-hour days.

Latest posts

Back