The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pute -- A guy I know who worked in a trout fishery passed on some important information:

NEVER touch a trout without wetting your hands. The have a thin coating of slime that protects them. Dry hands will damage that protection and it could cause the fish to get sick and die.

The YouTube thingy above never mentions this crucial bit of information.
I think it did say to wet your hands first…

and those types of crabs are not for crab sauce .. ( you need too many..)
Not to be confused with a Grand Blanc Buffalo Crab. A buddy of mine went to his grave with a Zippo lighter with a dent in it from when a Buffalo Crab tried to horn him while dancing with one of the local gals.

Taking cuts and happily working in the basement.

truckin.jpg

Well after being good for almost 2 years, we got the flu raging in our houshold right now. First my son, than the wife and now me. one right after another. My wife and I were in bed most of the day, body aches and real bad chills. Bad cough. Feel like-a shit...

brother and sister joe...I can't keep up with 3 big dogs, it takes a huge effort to keep these dogs in top shape down in florida...heat and sand play havok with them if you don't groom them often, dutch gets raked every night...both are gonna be big...yeah, she's being a *****, a pretty one...

brother and sister joe...I can't keep up with 3 big dogs, it takes a huge effort to keep these dogs in top shape down in florida...heat and sand play havok with them if you don't groom them often, dutch gets raked every night...both are gonna be big...yeah, she's being a *****, a pretty one...
I understand One is work!

Be careful of what kind of oil you use. We got a new one about 2 years ago and the thing can’t burn anything with a high percentage of ‘biofuel’. Clogs the nozzle.
No oil. Natural gas.
What kind you get? how many sections & zones ,riello head?new circulators?
Lochinvar 180K two stage, two zone. The one it's replacing is a 30 year old Slant Fin 160K two zone. Guy said I'd notice a big difference in the fuel efficiency. He already knew I was going to buy it, so he didn't have to lie. Makes sense that technology has improved over the last thirty years.
I kept the old one pumping along, but I know the Old Hen hasn't got the expertise to do so (nor should she), so now I can take the dirt nap without having to worry about her freezing to death in a Michigan winter.
Everything is new. Only things that'll be the same is the cold water supply and electricity to it. All the old fin tube will remain. Nothing wrong with it.
Gonna get a new roof (shingles) and would like to get a new well. The one I've got is fine, but a nice submersible one would be nice. Should last her 'til she wins the room temperature award, then it'll be the kids turn.

No oil. Natural gas.

Lochinvar 180K two stage, two zone. The one it's replacing is a 30 year old Slant Fin 160K two zone. Guy said I'd notice a big difference in the fuel efficiency. He already knew I was going to buy it, so he didn't have to lie. Makes sense that technology has improved over the last thirty years.
I kept the old one pumping along, but I know the Old Hen hasn't got the expertise to do so (nor should she), so now I can take the dirt nap without having to worry about her freezing to death in a Michigan winter.
Everything is new. Only things that'll be the same is the cold water supply and electricity to it. All the old fin tube will remain. Nothing wrong with it.
Gonna get a new roof (shingles) and would like to get a new well. The one I've got is fine, but a nice submersible one would be nice. Should last her 'til she wins the room temperature award, then it'll be the kids turn.
Im more familar with opeerless ,weil mcclain and burnam .
These new boilers really get every btu out of a drop of oil and burn clean

Latest posts

Back