The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get one about every 5 years or so rather I need it or not.
When I got out of the service I was never gonna cut my hair again. Got about shoulder length and I couldn't stand it. You saw how long my hair was/is when you stopped by the house. I envy guys like you and Hippie but it isn't me. Hopper has the right idea on hair.....none. No maintenance just a razor.

Fking cool as hell.

1662579311955.png

This is a recipe for garlic soup i made today muy deliciousa​

Ingredients​

• 2 medium potatoes
  • 1 brown onion
  • 1 large leek
  • 2 whole small heads of garlic (2oz - 60g each)
  • 7 cups chicken stock
  • ½ tsp dried thyme leaves
  • ½ cup cream
  • ½ cup olive oil
  • 1 cup chopped parsley
  • 6 slices of rustic bread for Croutons
  • Salt and pepper

Steps​

• Step 1
    Peel and chop the onions medium finely. Set aside. Peel the garlic cloves, set aside. Wash and chop the leek, set aside.
  • Step 2
    In a heavy pot or saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil. Add the chopped onion, leek and dried thyme, leave to sweat, do not brown. Add the garlic and turn heat to low. Cook gently for about 15 minutes
  • Step 3
    While that’s cooking, peel and dice the potatoes then add to the pot along with all the chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper, simmer gently for 25 – 30 minutes.
  • Step 4
    Add the cream, mix well then blitz in a blender or use a stick blender directly in the pot. Taste for seasoning.
  • Step 5
    For the croutons, simply dice up some of the bread and fry in olive oil on low heat until brown and crispy, the slower you cook them, the crispy they will remain in the soup.
  • Step 6

When I got out of the service I was never gonna cut my hair again. Got about shoulder length and I couldn't stand it. You saw how long my hair was/is when you stopped by the house. I envy guys like you and Hippie but it isn't me. Hopper has the right idea on hair.....none. No maintenance just a razor.

Yep and I'm aerodynamic on a bike. 😁
I have a mop and I still can't stand to be out in bright sunlight without a hat, which I doff to ya'll bald guys that don't even have hair protecting you!!

This is a recipe for garlic soup i made today muy deliciousa​

Ingredients​

• 2 medium potatoes
  • 1 brown onion
  • 1 large leek
  • 2 whole small heads of garlic (2oz - 60g each)
  • 7 cups chicken stock
  • ½ tsp dried thyme leaves
  • ½ cup cream
  • ½ cup olive oil
  • 1 cup chopped parsley
  • 6 slices of rustic bread for Croutons
  • Salt and pepper

Steps​

• Step 1
    Peel and chop the onions medium finely. Set aside. Peel the garlic cloves, set aside. Wash and chop the leek, set aside.
  • Step 2
    In a heavy pot or saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil. Add the chopped onion, leek and dried thyme, leave to sweat, do not brown. Add the garlic and turn heat to low. Cook gently for about 15 minutes
  • Step 3
    While that’s cooking, peel and dice the potatoes then add to the pot along with all the chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper, simmer gently for 25 – 30 minutes.
  • Step 4
    Add the cream, mix well then blitz in a blender or use a stick blender directly in the pot. Taste for seasoning.
  • Step 5
    For the croutons, simply dice up some of the bread and fry in olive oil on low heat until brown and crispy, the slower you cook them, the crispy they will remain in the soup.
  • Step 6
This sounds really good

Started the real rehabbing today, swimming... yup, back to getting into shape and strengthening up this new right hip of mine. the 11th will be a month and I have 5wks before they do my left hip... hoping with the swimming I can drop another 20lbs making it 80lbs then.. right now I'm happy being able to maintain my 60lb loss...

Feels good to start taking life by the horns again...

Latest posts

Back