nutrient question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melmo

Southern Redneck
Reaction score
I'm new to this site. I have done one grow before just to see if it would work. Well it did!! So it's time to do it again. I was wondering if you could get hydro nutrients at a home depot or garden center I live in the middle of nowhere and don't have a local hydro shop. i know I could order over the internet but I don't really like this machine. it took about ten minutes to type this. any help would be appreciated

P.S. this site rocks I used overgrow to help last time

You won't find any quality hydroponic nutrients at home depot.

If that place is all you're limited to, you're probably better off with a soil grow.

I'm sure someone here can give a link to a reputable online hydroponic dealer.

:)

thanx i didnt think so either i just had to hear it from someone else

I dunno what kinda comparative analysis is being done between something like peters or miracle grow and a hydro specific nute like GH flora series. maybe you could compare the labels ans try and duplicate a solution, go light like 400 ppm to start.

King Bud said:
You won't find any quality hydroponic nutrients at home depot.

If that place is all you're limited to, you're probably better off with a soil grow.

I'm sure someone here can give a link to a reputable online hydroponic dealer.

:)

I agree.

The closest thing may be water soluble orchid food, I know that alot of it has more micro-nutrients in it unlike alot of soil fertilizers because orchids aren't really soil grown plants. Tried it a few months back on some tomatoes, and it seemed to work ok...

You don't need a specific "indoor" grow shop. Go to any nursery, they are usually quite a bit cheaper than the "grow shops" and most have all of the same products. Look in the yellow pages.

thanx again come to find out i do have a hydrponic shop just about an hour and half away. so i can go there but i'm still a little skiddish about ph and all that technical stuff. my plants are just about ready for light might just do soil this time.

Why not do both?
That way you could compare the two and if you are not happy with the hydro you can always transfer to soil. The soil will allow you to see how the plants should look in the hydro. I like to grow a couple of plants in soil for comparison of growth and smoke.

Latest posts

Back