Super tight node spacing…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jgutta420

Reaction score
I’m at where I’m at and I’ll be where I be
So it’s not a light issue because the plant right next to it has great spacing and is stretching nice. The issue is that those super giant fan leaves are blocking all the lower growth coming from each node. Should I chop two of them so light can get through. It seems to want to grow out instead of up which again I’m sure is strain specific or perhaps just bad genetics as I spoke about in my last post. I want to top and do a bit of lst but it’s pretty much impossible. I know tight nodes are goals but damn…throw me a bone. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_7383.jpeg
    IMG_7383.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7385.jpeg
    IMG_7385.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Ya got two options. Get some wire and make some tie downs. Use them in the leaf to expose the lower growth. Or you can remove the top leaf blocking light.. like this.View attachment 358327

Yea I think I’ll remove those big fan leaves. I can’t really tie anything down right now because it’s so compact with less than an inch between nodes. Hopefully that’ll encourage some upward growth.

I did experience a strain that was too tight to my liking.
I have 2 that are super tight. A black Alaska Purple and The Black both are outside one is huge I had to cut a few branches on the Black Alaska Purple. It is in the 30 gal pot. Nothing was getting light penetration. Defoliation was not enough. It is flowering so something had ti give.

I went ahead and topped it, chopped 2 fan leaves and did some lst and when it finally decides to grow out some bigger leaves from the new growth I’ll chop those other 2 big ones. We’ll see…this plant is just giving me bad vibes like it’s not really growing. It’s been the same height for almost 2 weeks and the new leaves that are growing are really clustered together and not growing out. I need a new breeder located in the us…any suggestions? Two different strains and both have growing pains.

Attachments

• IMG_7465.jpeg
    IMG_7465.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
I went ahead and topped it, chopped 2 fan leaves and did some lst and when it finally decides to grow out some bigger leaves from the new growth I’ll chop those other 2 big ones. We’ll see…this plant is just giving me bad vibes like it’s not really growing. It’s been the same height for almost 2 weeks and the new leaves that are growing are really clustered together and not growing out. I need a new breeder located in the us…any suggestions? Two different strains and both have growing pains.
Bootleg seeds are the cheapest with really good genetics brothers grim are my second go to and Just CanbabisSeed. Is 3 rd place add .com to all three and you will find them I do jot have problems with any. Bootleg is the best for price lots of skunk crosses. They also have BOGO seed packs. You can chose the free ones or they will chose for you. Brothers grim has lots of c99 crosses. I just buy the deals as they get pricey otherwise. But the C99 is worth it if you can afford it. Both places are worth it I gave never been disappointed and both places have fems too, but not only fems.

If you want to test the breeders I suggested before buying from them pm me your addy I will send a sample pack of each so you can decide. Let me know what you like so I can chose wisely.

Looks on track for a auto. May just be a compact one. To me they are always slow in the beginning.
That's a pretty healthy girl. Lots of new growth. Good stuff.

Looks on track for a auto. May just be a compact one. To me they are always slow in the beginning.
That's a pretty healthy girl. Lots of new growth. Good stuff.
This will be my first time growing an auto but it just seems it should be much bigger than this. The breeder says it will yield 2-3 ounces but for this plant to already be a month old and harvest supposedly in 65-70 days (the main reason I chose this strain for a quick harvest) I just don’t see it. It should be about to start flowering soon. I know you can’t go by what the breeder says but it can’t be that far off right? I know they stretch during flower but unless this thing is about to hit a hell of a growth spurt and quadruple in size I’d be lucky to get 5 grams dry…🙄

Latest posts

Back