Members Only

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_6404.jpeg

Everything in 12/12 is looking good.

IMG_6405.jpeg

Next to come out is this Passion Fruit.
It is getting chopped tomorrow.

IMG_6406.jpeg

This Freak Show looks a little like Charlie Browns Christmas tree, but it’s healthy, and I am at least gonna finally get to sample the smoke.

IMG_6407.jpeg

Remember that time that the
Mimosa x Triple Lemon, and
The White x Runaway Bride #3 hermed all over each other?
I smell a hint of grape, a hint of pine, and a lot of overripe pawpaws.

IMG_6408.jpeg

I am pretty sure Weedhopper and Jan have some of these.

If a plant went hermie without trying, meaning usually done with stress that most plants can take just fine... I don't.. usually these seeds are tossed and not shared about to avoid passing on this awful trait. These are not real fem'd seeds but hermie seeds... I understand the hard part to resist planting, but I'd watch these very carefully to avoid having it happen accidentally over and over.

Apologize if I offend anybody.. just what I've been taught by all my old school mentors is all

If a plant went hermie without trying, meaning usually done with stress that most plants can take just fine... I don't.. usually these seeds are tossed and not shared about to avoid passing on this awful trait. These are not real fem'd seeds but hermie seeds... I understand the hard part to resist planting, but I'd watch these very carefully to avoid having it happen accidentally over and over.

Apologize if I offend anybody.. just what I've been taught by all my old school mentors is all
No offense. I usually try a few seeds snd see what it gets especially if I did something to cause it. Sometimes it was you that caused the hermies. Not the strain. If it still herms I toss them then. No one wants bad genetics.

No offense. I usually try a few seeds snd see what it gets especially if I did something to cause it. Sometimes it was you that caused the hermies. Not the strain. If it still herms I toss them then. No one wants bad genetics.
A couple of my Heri-Berry plants hermied in my tent. I am pretty sure it was my doing. I had a watering/nute mishap that delayed ripening of the buds. I also have read that long flowering times will force hermies because of it being a survival mechanism. The clones from the plants are looking a lot better and just finished their 5th week of glower(since I saw pistils). Sorry about the Mimosa hermie thing. A lot of people have those seeds. I hope it isn’t common. I think Carty has a friend who grew a lot of them. Again though, sorry about the hermie. Seeds in buds suck…☹️

I absolutely agree, but I was having bad hermie issues at the time because I didn’t know what I was doing with that new LED light.
I had the light turned up to 100%, and had the IR feature on as well.
Some plants did herm worse than others, but pretty much everything did to some extent.
I had maybe one plant herm on me the whole time I was using HPS.
I started researching, and figured out that you were only supposed to be running the IR feature for 20 minutes a day.
So, I turned it off completely.
The Hermie issues got better, but didn’t completely go away.
I double checked for light leaks, but still, it didn’t go away.
I started researching again, and figured out I probably shouldn’t be running the light at 100%.
I started walking it back. I now have the light at 40%, and everything seems to be going pretty smooth, now.
I have watched this plant pretty closely, because of exactly what you said, and have seen no issues so far.
I mean, I had to pop a couple, I just had to.

A couple of my Heri-Berry plants hermied in my tent. I am pretty sure it was my doing. I had a watering/nute mishap that delayed ripening of the buds. I also have read that long flowering times will force hermies because of it being a survival mechanism. The clones from the plants are looking a lot better and just finished their 5th week of glower(since I saw pistils). Sorry about the Mimosa hermie thing. A lot of people have those seeds. I hope it isn’t common. I think Carty has a friend who grew a lot of them. Again though, sorry about the hermie. Seeds in buds suck…☹️

No fault of yours, 100% my fault explained in the post above.

No fault of yours, 100% my fault explained in the post above.
I think I remember that now. I think after reading about your IR light I read a bit about it and the air is supposed to be for like and hour before or after the main light. I am just glad it wasn’t me 😂. Glad you got it figured out too.

Hmm, continuous IR sounds like a better way to herm a plant you want reversed than silver nitrate. I wonder if they make more pollen that way.
Mine hermed hard.
Now that you mention it, I was listening to, I believe, an episode of The Potcast, where someone was talking about using light manipulation to reverse plants instead of chemicals.

Latest posts

Back