LilDads Lil Grow 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't let the tails get long. Made that mistake once and snapped one off while planting. Snapped tap root = dead seed.
Sometimes that’s hard to do. With my seed starting method my tap roots can grow an inch and a half overnight and they tend to curl around. I have to stay on top of them continually

Sometimes that’s hard to do. With my seed starting method my tap roots can grow an inch and a half overnight and they tend to curl around. I have to stay on top of them continually
I don't let them get long either.

I once saw a guy who had broken off a tail. Dude pulled off the shell of the seed and recovered the small part the leaves come from. He put that in a medium and used an eye dropper for a few days. Damn thing threw another root and survived.

I've actually got it bookmarked.
https://overgrow.com/t/star-dog-2024/134429/82?u=greenmonster714

Trimmed up hare this morning!

About 36 grams, which is my biggest harvest from a single plant yet! I know that’s chump change to most of y’all, but I’m pretty stoked about it.

I’ll be smoking it tonight, I’ll let you all know what’s up!

Last edited:
Trimmed up hare this morning!

About 36 grams, which is my biggest harvest from a single plant yet! I know that’s chump change to most of y’all, but I’m pretty stoked about it.

I’ll be smoking it tonight, I’ll let you all know what’s up!

Attachments

• IMG_2269.jpeg
    IMG_2269.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Man, that dry room was DRY!

I’m tracking 49% RH in the grove bag. Popped a 62% Boveda pack in and I’ll monitor it to make sure that I can get it to that 55-60% sweet spot.

Advise as needed.

Smoke report!!!

Smoked a bowl of the first plant (nicknamed "Hare" but the strain is "Instant Classik" from NightOwl Seeds) on Tuesday evening: big fan!

The taste was mild, but that'll definitely change as she cures! In general, the smell is very spicy/earthy, but has some notes of diesel. The smell is pretty strong and I'm a huge fan!

The effect was everything but mild! Super couch-locky and incredibly relaxing. It wasn't overpowering, which makes sense because I was using a one-hitter because I have a soft-boi tolerance.

All in all, amazing stuff! I really enjoyed the smoke and that was a sample from when it was trimmed, so it'll only get better with a cure!

"Hare" Cure/Storage:

For now, it's in the Grove bag and squirreled away into a locked gun cabinet. The hygrometer was sitting at around 54% RH in the bag, so it's a little bit lower than I'd like, but I'm not going to fuss over it.

"Tortiose Trim:

Tuesday! I'm very excited to see how this one did. "Hare" is my first plant over 1 oz, and it's looking like "Tortoise" could very well crest 2 oz's! We'll see. It's best to count the chickens after they hatch.

This plant didn't have the luxury of sitting out long enough to get the perfect amount of amber I was looking for, but I had to make a choice to either risk botrytis on "perfect" weed, or have healthy "really good" weed.

Smoke report!!!

Smoked a bowl of the first plant (nicknamed "Hare" but the strain is "Instant Classik" from NightOwl Seeds) on Tuesday evening: big fan!

The taste was mild, but that'll definitely change as she cures! In general, the smell is very spicy/earthy, but has some notes of diesel. The smell is pretty strong and I'm a huge fan!

The effect was everything but mild! Super couch-locky and incredibly relaxing. It wasn't overpowering, which makes sense because I was using a one-hitter because I have a soft-boi tolerance.

All in all, amazing stuff! I really enjoyed the smoke and that was a sample from when it was trimmed, so it'll only get better with a cure!

"Hare" Cure/Storage:

For now, it's in the Grove bag and squirreled away into a locked gun cabinet. The hygrometer was sitting at around 54% RH in the bag, so it's a little bit lower than I'd like, but I'm not going to fuss over it.

"Tortiose Trim:

Tuesday! I'm very excited to see how this one did. "Hare" is my first plant over 1 oz, and it's looking like "Tortoise" could very well crest 2 oz's! We'll see. It's best to count the chickens after they hatch.

This plant didn't have the luxury of sitting out long enough to get the perfect amount of amber I was looking for, but I had to make a choice to either risk botrytis on "perfect" weed, or have healthy "really good" weed.
Might want to put a boveda pack in there to slowly bring that humidity back up to around 58 but either way congrats. My friend is in a dark state and just harvested his own for the first time. Calls me from his deck and tells me he feels like a different man not dependent for the first time in his life to someone else and he loves the price tag.

Might want to put a boveda pack in there to slowly bring that humidity back up to around 58 but either way congrats. My friend is in a dark state and just harvested his own for the first time. Calls me from his deck and tells me he feels like a different man not dependent for the first time in his life to someone else and he loves the price tag.
I can see the need for that, but what’s the issue with an RH that’s too low? I know if it’s too high then mold can become a problem.

I can see the need for that, but what’s the issue with an RH that’s too low? I know if it’s too high then mold can become a problem.
If it's stored too dry, it won't cure properly and will degrade quicker. It's hard to get the toothpaste back in the tube, but Boveda packs or some celery leaves in the bag should help. You grew some good smoke, might as well maximize its potential. I've never stored in Grove bags, only jars, so I may not know how the bags work.

Some folks say the cure stops when you get too dry. That's why a slow dry to 58-62% rh is considered so important.

Dang. Totally forgot to finish the journal.

Tortoise yielded 60 grams! 95 grams in two plants this summer! Considering that I got 75 grams last summer with four plants, I’ll take this all day!

The smoke is incredible! The Instant Classik strain is powerful, but also smokes like an indica even thought it’s technically hybrid!

Latest posts

Back