KGB’s EarthBox Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 15

I pulled the Acapulco Gold two days ago as it was stunted and planted a seed. We will see if one comes up and makes it to the scrog net or possibly provide feminized pollen.

I also added water to the bottom on the earth boxes today. You can see the wooden dowel in the center has raised. I have two air stones in each earthbox at the two points where water wicks up and a four inch stone in my 30 gallon water reservoir. I use an aquarium pump running 24/7.

Later today when the lights come back on I will remove the solo cups I think the plants are large enough

1728395876426.jpeg

I have been letting the grow in my atmosphere which averages a 1.5 VPD and is keeping my internodal spacing tight. Today I put the heater and humidifier in the tent. Since the Acapulco Gold didn’t make it, and the second seed duded it won’t be in this grow. So I will be running three plants this time.

I have set the unit to keep the VPD around 1.3 going forward using the humidifier as the control. The heater only works when it’s dark so instead of dropping to 69 it will drop to 74 degrees from around 79 degrees. They should start stretching more now.

1728603434810.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh sorry. In the last two pictures you can see the solo cups in one but they are removed in the second except for the seed that duded. I felt the plants were big enough at 16 days to justify taking them out and putting water in the earthboxes. I also diverted air to the two 1 inch air stones in each earthbox to make sure all water that is wicked into the container is as oxygenized as I can make it.

Day 20

Showing what the EarthBox is capable of as opposed to all the failed attempts they have on YouTube. This is the Ice Princess and Skunk #1. I pulled back the fan leaves so the nodes can grow out. The C99 x Purple Urkel is almost as large and bushy.

What do you think of these at 20 days?

View attachment 364174

View attachment 364175
Very nice

Day 23

Water uptake is now verified the boxes are now on automatic as in all I do is PH the water to around 6.2 to 6.5

Plants are starting to bush and all the node branches are coming up. The C99xPurple Urkle is the shortest with my Skunk#1 becoming the tallest plant. I am thinking it’s about time to top them.

1729045377646.jpeg

1729045416032.jpeg

1729045445328.jpeg

1729045487162.jpeg

I forgot to mention this but I did in the grow off so I will also post it here for posterity

Until I hit flowering I don’t run a steady exhaust fan like it’s recommended. That’s because it’s not necessary when you have the massive amount of water to the root system that I have using the earth box this way. The only time air is pulled into the tent is when either temperature or humidity goes too high then my controller corrects by turning on the exhaust fan to correct the VPD.

When I hit flowering I will have a constant pull of 1 with a max speed of 3 because that’s all I have ever needed with a 6 inch exhaust fan in a 3x3 tent.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back