KGB’s EarthBox Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGB

Reaction score
I have some early earth boxes that I use because I want to grow in soil but my main goal is a grow where I don’t add anything if I don’t want to. Especially Calmag. So this is my conclusion and here is what’s in the box. Please check out YouTube for EarthBox failures including build-a-soil. They just don’t understand the technology.

Whats in my mix per earthbox

1 cubic ft of Promix Organic in the yellow compressed bag (60% peat moss)
1 cubic ft of 100% peat moss also Promix brand

4 Tablespoons mycorrhiza
1/4 cup glacial dust
1/4 cup basalt dust
2 cups perlite
2 cups fast acting lime
1 tablespoon grow dots (stragetically placed
1/4 cup Dr Earth tomato fertilizer
1/4 cup worm castings
1 cup 7-7-7 fertilizer

And now for the pictures of starting the grow will commence

Last edited:
And this is what I am growing. The Cinderella Purple is from Jan as is the Ice Princess for the grow off contest

1727024582565.jpeg

I germinated the seeds but Jan’s took the how fast can they explode contest. The following pictures are just 14 hours apart. I had already planted the Ice Princess but the other three only had 1/2 inch tails. 14 hours later they are out of control. I will be modifying a different way so that I still get this type of growth but tons easier. I am still hoping I didn’t break a taproot they grew so long.

1727024723714.jpeg

1727024758590.jpeg

And now they are all in the soil. Last time for this method of germination. I already wired the fans in place and used the Velcro straps for all wiring. I am going to attempt a Scrog net this time but I hear it’s tough using different strains. So I will be watching to see which plants grow bigger and try to use that for my scrog formation. Biggest two plants take the outer perimeter of the tent and the two smallest take the center space or that’s what I am thinking for a real scrog. My thoughts are that the bigger plants will stretch more.

Any thoughts on that? All I really know is most prefer a scrog with the same genetics and I am assuming this would be a problem with light coverage.

Day 9

The Ice Princess, Cinderella Purple and Skunk #1 are going like gangbusters however the Acapulco Gold is small. I hope it’s not fully stunted so it can make the scrog net. It’s odd I usually get one stunt out of four seeds. If it fully stunts I will just regrow it.

1727876694058.jpeg

Planning a scrog. That's like music to my ears..lol

No matter how ya run it it will be a success in your hands. This should be a fun grow to watch. I'm tagging in..lol
Well to run a scrog I am going to have to top the plants. I am guessing around the 5th or 6th node. That will also be a first for me

Well to run a scrog I am going to have to top the plants. I am guessing around the 5th or 6th node. That will also be a first for me
I never top a scrogging plant. I use the main to guide it along it's way as it spits out branches. If I take that main out I loose the largest bud of them all..lol

I never top a scrogging plant. I use the main to guide it along it's way as it spits out branches. If I take that main out I loose the largest bud of them all..lol
I am torn. I could let them grow then bend them over but I have decided to top. I want to see if I can get monster buds all over.

And remember I will probably not add any nutrients to the grow. I am a little torn on the flowering stage but I think I will stay true to that. Imagine a grow where you literally only add water from start to finish.

Day 9

The Ice Princess, Cinderella Purple and Skunk #1 are going like gangbusters however the Acapulco Gold is small. I hope it’s not fully stunted so it can make the scrog net. It’s odd I usually get one stunt out of four seeds. If it fully stunts I will just regrow it.

View attachment 363566
Some plants are just smaller. Not sure about AG never grew it. I do know some plants are just smaller

I'm curious to see how your box goes. I've not seen one in a while.
The new earth boxes are good but not like these. I have the original ones that are designed to be slightly more efficient. In fact I don’t think you will see my plants “droop” when lights go off like all those time lapses done using grow bags. Not drooping and recovering when the lights come back on means bigger buds.

I am surprised nobody noticed the 1 pound of 7-7-7 and 2 pounds of fast acting lime in each box

Did ya read this somewhere? If ya did I'd love to get a link. I've never heard of this before.

I noticed ya have a lot of support in that medium. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.
No I felt like I observed it on my last grow now that I have my mixture tweaked. I will be doing some time lapse so when the plants are big enough I will post a time lapse for a few days too see.

No I felt like I observed it on my last grow now that I have my mixture tweaked. I will be doing some time lapse so when the plants are big enough I will post a time lapse for a few days too see.
There's a bunch of science behind them doing that sagging in darkness. I'm a lil saggy when I wake up too..lol

Day 11

I know it’s only been 48 hours since my update but I thought I would post one as I have a decision to make. I think I will try to salvage the Acapulco Gold by planting another. It’s definitely having issues and should be at the same height as the other three. I believe my process for germination may allow seeds that normally wouldn’t pop to be viable. It’s the sad little girl you can’t miss her

1728048914174.jpeg

I'm all for culling plants that don't keep up.
Yeah I kept them twice in other grows and they didn’t do squat. One of my goals this time is to try and grow seeds. I am thinking I want to use the skunk #1 and Acapulco Gold as the feminized males crossing with Cinderella Purple or Ice Princess. To do that I need strong plants. I am trying a modified form of germination this time as I only have 2 remaining gold seeds. I believe it may allow the gold to catch up

Latest posts

Back