KGB’s EarthBox Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGB

Reaction score
I have some early earth boxes that I use because I want to grow in soil but my main goal is a grow where I don’t add anything if I don’t want to. Especially Calmag. So this is my conclusion and here is what’s in the box. Please check out YouTube for EarthBox failures including build-a-soil. They just don’t understand the technology.

Whats in my mix per earthbox

1 cubic ft of Promix Organic in the yellow compressed bag (60% peat moss)
1 cubic ft of 100% peat moss also Promix brand

4 Tablespoons mycorrhiza
1/4 cup glacial dust
1/4 cup basalt dust
2 cups perlite
2 cups fast acting lime
1 tablespoon grow dots (stragetically placed
1/4 cup Dr Earth tomato fertilizer
1/4 cup worm castings
1 cup 7-7-7 fertilizer

And now for the pictures of starting the grow will commence

Last edited:
And this is what I am growing. The Cinderella Purple is from Jan as is the Ice Princess for the grow off contest

1727024582565.jpeg

I germinated the seeds but Jan’s took the how fast can they explode contest. The following pictures are just 14 hours apart. I had already planted the Ice Princess but the other three only had 1/2 inch tails. 14 hours later they are out of control. I will be modifying a different way so that I still get this type of growth but tons easier. I am still hoping I didn’t break a taproot they grew so long.

1727024723714.jpeg

1727024758590.jpeg

And now they are all in the soil. Last time for this method of germination. I already wired the fans in place and used the Velcro straps for all wiring. I am going to attempt a Scrog net this time but I hear it’s tough using different strains. So I will be watching to see which plants grow bigger and try to use that for my scrog formation. Biggest two plants take the outer perimeter of the tent and the two smallest take the center space or that’s what I am thinking for a real scrog. My thoughts are that the bigger plants will stretch more.

Any thoughts on that? All I really know is most prefer a scrog with the same genetics and I am assuming this would be a problem with light coverage.

Latest posts

Back