Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1720012003325.png

Hope all is ok Jan.
Yep a few are slanted from the wind one hat its stake broke but the plant didn't get hurt. I re-staked her she is fine. Even Beasty made it fine.
IMG_6653.jpeg
IMG_6651.jpeg
IMG_6652.jpeg
IMG_6652.jpeg
IMG_6649.jpeg
IMG_6647.jpeg
IMG_6644.jpeg
IMG_6645.jpeg
IMG_6646.jpeg
IMG_6642.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6650.jpeg
    IMG_6650.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Good morning Misfits. Glad to see we all survived another day!
75 and grey out today. Not much planned other than finishing up the back field that didn't get mowed yesterday. The tubes for the Frankendeere that were supposed to be here yesterday have now been delayed 'til Monday. Ain't no way to run a circus, for sure.

Good morning Misfits. Glad to see we all survived another day!
75 and grey out today. Not much planned other than finishing up the back field that didn't get mowed yesterday. The tubes for the Frankendeere that were supposed to be here yesterday have now been delayed 'til Monday. Ain't no way to run a circus, for sure.
Everyone took off for the 4th😭

It's legal here, but I don't live in a place that allows for any outdoor grows. My brother's girlfriend has a license and grows outside. But, I am satisfied with having my wildcat indoor garden 😁
I have a small indoor. 3x3 and a 2x4 tent but it’s really too small. Plus my kids are getting old enough to go in the basement and work on models with me. I really need to get my grow in a better place. Barely growing enough to supply our needs. Was nice when I was stacking jars in the closet for lean times.

I have a small indoor. 3x3 and a 2x4 tent but it’s really too small. Plus my kids are getting old enough to go in the basement and work on models with me. I really need to get my grow in a better place. Barely growing enough to supply our needs. Was nice when I was stacking jars in the closet for lean times.
Like me I have grove bags shoved everywhere in my room. In bottoms of drawers in boxes in cabinets. Even in a suitcase.

A man recently passed away and was waiting at the Pearly Gates to see if he was going to make it in to Heaven.

St. Peter appeared, and told the man that he had to answer one question correctly and he would be allowed through the Pearly Gates and on to Heaven. Otherwise, he would be cast down into the Firey Lake.

St. Peter asked the man, "What were the first words that Eve said to Adam?" The man thought about it for a long time, feeling stumped and said, "God, that's a hard one!" ... Then the trumpets blared, and the Pearly Gates opened wide

Got the rest of the mowing done for now. Not sure how the back is gonna treat me tonight, but I hope it'll be kind....
I don’t know if you ever ran across a fellow named Buzzmobile on different forums but he gave me his old craftsman mower several years ago. It had a goofy tractor seat rigged up. I got home and cut the first time and was in love. Spring loaded, sat higher and had good back and side support. It looked bad but man that mower rode good. Old guys don’t care about looks. 100% functionality!!

Evening peeps. About to call it a night. Working on my model tomorrow. Slight chance I could be covering it this weekend??
Added 92 eggs to an incubator tonight. In 18 days they will hatch.
I’m getting 12-15 eggs a day now. And when they all start laying in another few weeks I’ll get around 30 eggs a day. I’ll be running three incubators at full capacity round the clock. Quail are some good eating. 8-10 weeks from hatch they are ready to eat. Dress out in about 45 seconds for each bird and they weight about 10 ounces dressed.
E1D25D33-B58D-46C2-A308-292506BAA5D0.jpeg

My next project. 98 inch wingspan. Not sure what it is yet, but it’s a prebuilt model. Needs a little structural repair and a recover. Friend gave it to me a few years ago. He’s fighting for his life now with cancer. I’m afraid it’s going to get him. It had spread everywhere by the time he found out.
F6074C64-FF78-40DF-990A-37DAA219E42E.jpeg

7A360F95-5015-4E37-BD30-D1ACCA4DC923.jpeg

Bought this copy of a painting a few years ago and have never framed it. I had to have it as soon as I saw it. It I’ve hesitated to frame it because it kind of depresses me when I look at it. Not sure I want it hanging to see all the time…

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Are those Pharaoh quail you're raising?
Coturnix quail, Japanese quail. Jumbo browns. They have many common names. I think the pharaoh are different than these.
I have some Bob whites just to be able to hear them. They sure are small compared to the Coturnix

Latest posts

Back