Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made some good progress today. I should be covering and assembling the main components this weekend.

Attachments

• FD07B756-A4DF-4150-A5C3-628E3E5B9A06.jpeg
    FD07B756-A4DF-4150-A5C3-628E3E5B9A06.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 152EB2F1-153B-4FC9-8B43-E273814A097D.jpeg
    152EB2F1-153B-4FC9-8B43-E273814A097D.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 439DB9ED-89A1-417E-8766-3F5693494E69.jpeg
    439DB9ED-89A1-417E-8766-3F5693494E69.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
My friend came through Oklahoma this evening and hung out to smoke bud. He brought us some more gummies and a couple of ozs of weed. He also had a few fireworks, so we shot them off. Now the rest of the town is firing their stuff off - and we're talking major artillery

Last edited:
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Double gorgeous and hot today, starting at 61F and predicted to reach 95F.

The concrete is set, so I can take down my barriers and use the front walkway today! I turned out well!

Gym first thing this morning and lunch out with my old boss. He's pushing 90 and wearing a pacemaker, but in otherwise good shape as a vegetarian who works out daily.

Good morning Misfits. 76 that feels like 86 with the heat index, and heading for 84 that'll feel like a test sample for hell. Air quality is 144, which they call "unhealthy". Curious to see how it will affect my 1.25 combined lungs.

Got a few outdoor chores and then a shower and off to the gym for some 24oz curls. :)

Spent the afternoon grading my road down the hill behind my house. Heavy rains had torn it up pretty good and I'm hoping the 30% chance tonight misses me. Mrs Zuma and I are headed for a walk up the creek. There's an eagle nest a half mile away and the eagles usual fledge the first time about the first of July. They can't fly very well or very high at first and don't go far from the nest, so hopefully we get nice views and a count for how many have hatched. If I don't slip and break something on those mossy rocks, that is.

Spent the afternoon grading my road down the hill behind my house. Heavy rains had torn it up pretty good and I'm hoping the 30% chance tonight misses me. Mrs Zuma and I are headed for a walk up the creek. There's an eagle nest a half mile away and the eagles usual fledge the first time about the first of July. They can't fly very well or very high at first and don't go far from the nest, so hopefully we get nice views and a count for how many have hatched. If I don't slip and break something on those mossy rocks, that is.

I also have a long, steep driveway.
I have it crowned in some spots, and banked in others, but I am proud to say, all the water runs down the ditches, and not the middle of my driveway.
We got hammered pretty hard the last couple days, and I barely have a single piece of gravel out of place.
The gravel road, that my driveway dumps into, is a different story.
It turns into a train wreck every time it rains.
They just grade it flat, and all the water runs down the middle of the road.
I don’t think they have anyone left on the county road crew that knows how to crown a road.

Btw, how did it go with the eagles?
That is pretty interesting.

I know we won’t get rain because we fertilized the fields today 😂. Sunday and Monday look promising though.
The sheep are eating a bale of rye hay a week at $80 a pop.
Bible says it rains on the unjust as well as the just. Maybe I’m somewhere in the middle??
Fought with the auger this evening. I don’t use post hole diggers anymore. I’ll let the tractor do my work for me. Going to start a 12x12 pen for my quail. Need somewhere for them to grow out to maturity.

Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Another gorgeous clear day here in Rip City, starting at 63F and predicted to reach 96F.

I had a good luncheon with my old boss yesterday, who just had stents installed, in addition to his pacemaker, which he is scheduled to replace shortly due to battery condition.

My 5-gallon batch of corn sugar and Turbo yeast sat there and did nothing, so I bought more Turbo yeast locally, to augment the batch from Amazon that is apparently dead. The bubbler is going great guns now and a lesson was learned.............

Breakfast out this morning at Screen Door with Grayfox and NM.

We don’t have any competent graders anymore either. When I was a kid the grader man had a monkey that road with him.

Heat index of 112 today. Rain drying up before it hits our property again. We will get ours one day I guess.
Hippie road with your grader guy?😋

Latest posts

Back