Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy, did I pull a stoner move. Ya know on a car when the shifter is on the counsel? When ya push it all the way forward, it's in park. When you put the same kind of lever all the way forward on a Honda ATV, ya done put it in low. She ain't gonna start. Put it in neutral and the world is lovely again. Shows ya how long its been since I played with it. Felt so stupid, I went ahead and cleaned all the battery cables and changed the oil as a penitence. 🤪

Oh no, I just learned that my Sense died! He was 5th Dan (Roku) in Kendo and I studied under him when he was here in the US setting up operations for his company. I also visited him a couple times in Japan.

One of my idols not only as a fencer, but as a human being. That is him on the left, standing next to me. The next two fencers are 2nd Dans and the last is a 4th Dan.

I was the lowly 1st dan but one of Sensei's Deshi's and the one who found him a dojo to teach at. In the two and a half years that I fenced under Sensei, I hit him exactly twice that he didn't let me. I knew it he didn't let me by the surprised look on his face, followed by an ear-to-ear grin that I had gotten by him.

Osada Sensei JD three other fencers2.jpg

Morning GW. Supposed to be 71 here today.😋
Good morning WH!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

71F here would be just cause to get mostly naked with friends at the beach and soak up some rays. Keeping in mind that you don't actually have to get mostly naked yourself, but it can be nice to hang around where they do.

Just saying.....................

Latest posts

Back