Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which one of you sent that rain my way? No matter. Rain is better than snow so I will take it. Last time we got rain in the winter it was the wettest summer of all time with massive rain all summer. Flooded here all over the place.
Its been raining here for an hour. But But But its the Dry Season

Its been raining here for an hour. But But But its the Dry Season
It is our dry season too. Monsoon season starts Mid July thru mid Oct. it only rained once in that timeframe with any significance.

Like this is just beautiful, and this is 10 minutes from my driveway
Thacher_42_F3B0EA76-EAA3-FC53-A8872706CBA502FE-f3b0e9200384de2_f3b0ead8-9887-937e-e38de9bae296...jpg

The desert would be easier on my beat up old body. In the early 90's, I took a solo ride on the Hog out to a rally in NM. I stayed at a Holiday Inn in Moriarty. Fell in with a great bunch of folks at a bar walking distance from the hotel. I was warned by the hotel staff that it was a "rough place". After a day or two, I asked one of the locals where I could buy some turquoise jewelry. I wanted to get some nice trinkets for my girls. He told me to hit a pawn shop 'cause the locals pawn their stuff for pennies on the dollar and they don't make a big profit on the resale.
Taking his advice, I found one. Bought some really nice stuff for the Old Hen and Pullet. I even bought myself a pinky ring. Two days later, I wake up and the ring is gone. I found it in the bed. It doesn't fit my pinkie anymore. Fits my ring finger perfectly. Weird. Fast forward a week, and I'm heading home and stop for the night just outside of Statesville, IL the day they snowballed John Wayne Gacy. I wake up the next morning with a purple finger. The ring no longer fits and is threatening to cost me a finger. I call down to the main desk and ask if they've got any maintenance people on duty. I was looking for something I could cut it off with. A gal came up with a jar of mayonnaise. After some tugging and cursing, it came off. It now fits my pinkie again.

Never dawned on me that the dry conditions of the desert would make the arthritis go away.

I love where i live, honestly i wouldnt wanna leave the Northeast/New England area ever.
I just hate how bipolar ma nature is up here!
Shes always so pissed off and mean to us lol.
Lol there are a lot of beautiful places in the world. Most you want to visit, but wouldn’t want to live there. The desert has its drawbacks. Sun 300 days per year. Less than 8 inches of rain for the whole year. It usually comes in one or 2 monsoon rains. We get an entire month of wind in April usually. It is very dusty here. The thorns and other bad spiny thing that will cut you just because it can. Lots of poisonous creatures that will visit you looking for water or cooler temps. He visited us before Thanksgiving. Usually they are bigger this on… it is a baby.
IMG_9538.jpeg

I started losing weight after taking on this new job because I wlk and climb stairs so much.
Couple weeks ago I lost my wedding ring.😟
Sure fking glad we hadn't spent a ton of money on it or I would have been really pissed.
Tell yer wife to put one through yer nose. You know she always wanted to. 🤪

Not lose the excellent in search of the perfect.

Have you tested their flotational abilities? Take a deep breath and lie on your back in the pool and relax? If you decide to do so, be sure to take pictures to share.

Could float them in the tub haha - I don't really go swimming in the winter so otherwise will have to wait until summer :p

Latest posts

Back