Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They always have.

Resto, have you been there long enough to have gone through a monsoon season? Always wondered how bad those were.
Yes Rainy season Began late. I got here Aug 27th. Thats when it started. It usually starts in June/july. Its an Inconvenience. We have 2 Umbrellas in every Vehicle. 3 Vehicles. What really sucks is the Flooding. Our Levy Broke and wiped out 3/4 of our Bananas. We were cut off for 2 days but didnt lose power. My wife said it was the third time in 7 years, thats shes been here. I had an Excavator clen up the break in the levy, Ill fill it with rebar and cement.

Attachments

• 20230928_162423[1].jpg
    20230928_162423[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231009_065843[1].jpg
    20231009_065843[1].jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231009_065846[1].jpg
    20231009_065846[1].jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231009_065850[1].jpg
    20231009_065850[1].jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
They always have.

Resto, have you been there long enough to have gone through a monsoon season? Always wondered how bad those were.
If you are in Bangkok bring Flip Flops with an Umbrella. 2 feet of water on the sidewalks. Everybody just goes to the nearest indoor mall as soon as the rain starts. Watch out for Sewer Lizards. some are 3' long. Like a Monitor Lizard, bad infection if Bitten. They never gave me a problem when I was there. They just pass by.

I really like Thailand. The People are very nice and Hospitable. If Im out without my wife(very Rare as I dont speak much Nan or Lao) a Beautiful Thai Lady will walk up and ask for my Line ID. What I really like about it is that you can always Expect, The Unexpected. Anything can happen at any time here and it does. Thai is only spoken in Big Cities like Bangkok or Pattaya, Phuket. The rest of Thailand has indigenous Languages. In the North here they are Lana(Lao People) they speak Nan Thai Lao. Im 30 minutes from Lao. My wife speaks Bangkok Thai, Nan(Lao) and British English. Her late Husband was a Retired British Naval Officer.

Last edited:
I really like Thailand. The People are very nice and Hospitable. If Im out without my wife(very Rare as I dont speak much Nan or Lao) a Beautiful Thai Lady will walk up and ask for my Line ID. What I really like about it is that you can always Expect, The Unexpected. Anything can happen at any time here and it does. Thai is only spoken in Big Cities like Bangkok or Pattaya, Phuket. The rest of Thailand has indigenous Languages. In the North here they are Lana(Lao People) they speak Nan Thai Lao. Im 30 minutes from Lao.
What is a line ID, email address?

What is a line ID, email address?
Its like Facebook and every other app you can think of, Twitter, Instagram and it has Locators for people in your area. So Thai Girls use it for Hook Ups with Falangs(Giant Hairy White Monkeys from The West). There is also 2 from China WeChat and QQ.

Thats nuts, imagine a 6 or 7 foot giant lizard climbing the snack rack at 7-11? Hell nawh!
Haha we just get bears 🐻 in the gas stations/grocery stores here in the states.
Its a fun Place if you like Burmese Pythons, Scorpians. venomous snakes and Insects. We have a 12" Geko here that Mimics at night, like a Mina Bird. The two we have at our house say "Tuk Tuk Tuk TRACTOR!" Loudly. The ones in the rain Forrest. make noises like Ghosts and Suffering Humans.

If you get bit by a gecko, you can count on wearing him for a while. Burmese pythons are cool, but the reticulated pythons are some beautiful, hateful bastards. I've owned a few of each.

Lots of superstition going on over there, huh?

The Govt offered Free Ground asphalt for Driveways and roads, when They resurfaced the Highway. I was going to get some. My Mother In Law said Dont do it. "People Die in Car Accidents on The Road". "You Might Bring In Dead People" "You Dont Know". I respected her wishes. The last thing I need here is Dead Car Crash Victims, roaming the Farm. I dont speak Thai.

I had one retic, my first, that I brought home from Florida. He was beautiful. The colors in his pattern were bright, well defined, and just an overall prime specimen. Meaner than Satan with a toothache. I finally sold him to the head of the herpetological society of Genesee county. The guy was thrilled to have him and told me to come back in a couple of weeks and see just how much his attitude would improve.
I went back in two weeks, and he had a retic bathing in a tank getting ready to shed. I looked the snake over and said, "That ain't Rick". I called him Rick the Prick 'cause he was. He said, "Hell no! I got rid of that sumbitch. He'd only be good to make a belt out of!"

I had one retic, my first, that I brought home from Florida. He was beautiful. The colors in his pattern were bright, well defined, and just an overall prime specimen. Meaner than Satan with a toothache. I finally sold him to the head of the herpetological society of Genesee county. The guy was thrilled to have him and told me to come back in a couple of weeks and see just how much his attitude would improve.
I went back in two weeks, and he had a retic bathing in a tank getting ready to shed. I looked the snake over and said, "That ain't Rick". I called him Rick the Prick 'cause he was. He said, "Hell no! I got rid of that sumbitch. He'd only be good to make a belt out of!"
The Pythons here dont like human activity. I cleared the Jungle Undergrowth, so they dont have cover. They left when I bought my Kubota. My wife said she could here them splashing into the river. 3 sides of our farm is bordered by a river.

Latest posts

Back