Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Moonday morning brothers and sisters!View attachment 349105View attachment 349106

Cloudy with rain here, starting at 41F and predicted to rise to 49F.

Unable to sleep so am up early this morning. My battle plan kept going through my head on dealing with Area Heating and Cooling quoting me $150 to show up and $200/hr plus repairs to fix the furnace at one of the rentals but billed me $900 for 30 minutes work and $120 worth of parts on my Visa.

Their service manager stands by the billing, so pursuing my next option with the general manager and preparing for a legal battle after I cancel the Visa charge as fraud.
Going through the same stuff with Zwilling on a set of knives that never got delivered.
Spent almost 800 bucks and never got my package so i called the bank and opened an investigation.
Chime will give me my money back too and then take legal matters into their own hands with Zwilling.

Going through the same stuff with Zwilling on a set of knives that never got delivered.
Spent almost 800 bucks and never got my package so i called the bank and opened an investigation.
Chime will give me my money back too and then take legal matters into their own hands with Zwilling.
That sucks , are you a Chef?
What's for Breakfast?

If the general manager doesn't respond favorably, I'll cancel the payment on my Visa as fraud and tell them to resubmit their invoice at our agreed upon price of $200/hr plus parts.

They will try to run over me with part cost. The service manager told me that the motor itself was around $800, but I have the OEM parts online for under $100. I'm looking for a new reliable furnace vendor anyway, so I'll also get competitive numbers from them for the parts.

There is also the Better Business Bureau, et al.

Certainly, I can post warnings on the local neighborhood forums. Channel 6 likes to do special interests exposes, so maybe I can get them interested because of the blatant fraud involved. The important thing is to get my money's worth, regardless of the costs.

Special Love to @WeedHopper
1702909662696.png

You ever tried Benchmade? Lifetime sharpening and Made in America, if that matters to you.

https://www.benchmade.com/collections/cutlery

Attachments

• Benchmade-Cutlery-Review-5-2331143124.jpg
    Benchmade-Cutlery-Review-5-2331143124.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 0
Here they have a Gas Station Complex. Women pump your gas. There is a Carwash. Service Garage with a mechanic. With a 7/11, an Amazon Cafe and Local Street food.
I worked for one man who owned three full-serve stations. One head mechanic at each one, and their helpers. I switched around between the stations until after high school, and eventually ended up as the head mechanic at one of his stores years later. We had restrooms and a snack machine. lol A couple chairs for oil change 'waiters'.

I never saw any, but apparently women attendants was a thing here as well.

Attachments

• 96400f4e1e9f126e265d7b6731d22a34--change-maker-vintage-knitting.jpg
    96400f4e1e9f126e265d7b6731d22a34--change-maker-vintage-knitting.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 0
You ever tried Benchmade? Lifetime sharpening and Made in America, if that matters to you.

https://www.benchmade.com/collections/cutlery
Bought the Old Hen this set a couple of Christmases ago. I was very happy with the quality. These things came so sharp from the factory that until they got a couple uses out of 'em, she'd be bleeding every time she handled one. I've used them and found them to be very handy.

https://www.buckknives.com/product/7-piece-cutlery-set/?sku=0930BKS6-B

Bought the Old Hen this set a couple of Christmases ago. I was very happy with the quality. These things came so sharp from the factory that until they got a couple uses out of 'em, she'd be bleeding every time she handled one. I've used them and found them to be very handy.

https://www.buckknives.com/product/7-piece-cutlery-set/?sku=0930BKS6-B
I only have one Buck. It's a folder. Excellent knife. I used to butcher our hogs with it. The thing is OLD...like me. lol

Attachments

• BU110BRS__09016.1527783635-1644616978.jpg
    BU110BRS__09016.1527783635-1644616978.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back