Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was "pumping ethyl" when she was 35 cents/gallon, and before self-serve ever existed.
I worked at a couple Deep Rock service stations, and we washed the windshield and head lights, checked the oil, and water, vacuumed out the interior. We also checked transmission, as well as tire pressure and aired them up on request.

Back then even during gas wars the prices were close, so superior service was our promotional point.

PS: I've seen gas prices in the teens per gallon during gas wars.

Little unknown fact about Buck Knives
20 % are made in China........................
Some of the cheaper folders are, but they're clearly marked as such. They still carry the lifetime warrantee, but they aren't American made. I don't own any. I got one in an auction along with the knife I was after and gave it to a friend.
Yeah, I'm a Buck snob.... :)

Some of the cheaper folders are, but they're clearly marked as such. They still carry the lifetime warrantee, but they aren't American made. I don't own any. I got one in an auction along with the knife I was after and gave it to a friend.
Yeah, I'm a Buck snob.... :)
Not that there is anything wrong with that.
1702914535623.png

I worked at a couple Deep Rock service stations, and we washed the windshield and head lights, checked the oil, and water, vacuumed out the interior. We also checked transmission, as well as tire pressure and aired them up on request.

Back then even during gas wars the prices were close, so superior service was our promotional point.

PS: I've seen gas prices in the teens per gallon during gas wars.
I remember seeing 22 cents/gallon during the gas wars. Never saw it any lower than that, and I never pumped it for that.

Me and the other guys would race out to see who could get the cars out fastest if there were more than one at the pumps.
We also washed windshields and checked tires and fluids. I "washed" many a kid's nose that was stuck to the inside of the windshield as I cleaned the outside.

Saw some pretty fine real estate in the front seat while washing those windshields, too. 🥰
(I often thought it was intentional, and still do.)

Fast forward, and we had self-serve and full-serve...some certain kinds of hateful folks decided it'd be fun to make the attendant (guys like me) check *everything over for a couple bucks worth of full service gas. Literally, $1.50 - $2.00 worth of gas, when gas was 65-70 cents per gallon.

It wasn't little old ladies doing it...it was folks with an agenda, and it got so bad most stations started requiring minimum purchases at the full-serve islands.

New Jersey still has full-service-only gas pumps, as far as I know, and they'll fine the station if they see someone pumping their own gas at one.

Here they have a Gas Station Complex. Women pump your gas. There is a Carwash. Service Garage with a mechanic. With a 7/11, an Amazon Cafe and Local Street food.
I like Asian women in general, and I've seen some drop dead gorgeous Thai women!
My, oh my...Thai ME up! 😈

Attachments

• nisamanee-lertworapong-01.jpg
    nisamanee-lertworapong-01.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 0
Saw some pretty fine real estate in the front seat while washing those windshields, too. 🥰
(I often thought it was intentional, and still do.)
Yep. I was an 18 year old kid driving a duce and a half dump truck. In the summer, the eye candy was wonderful at stop lights. This was back when most cars didn't have air conditioning, and those gals in mini skirts would cool their naughty bits off any way they could. o_O

Latest posts

Back