Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have probably seen it, somehow I missed 2010 "The Wolfman" with Anthony Hopkins.
Great reproduction of the original, all the atmosphere and period correctness, excellent.

Bubba
Hopkins is an excellent actor. He makes everything he does look real. I've seen the flick, but I'll look it up for a re-watch.
Scary movies today aren't as good as the older movies ....
I think it's because we're tainted. We've seen real horrors that we hadn't seen in our youth.

I'm exactly opposite! Growing up, everything was cowboy from Gene Autry to Roy Rogers. Most movies and many TV shows were westerns, Bonanza, Big Valley, etc.

Then came the age of assembling models. Besides cars and airplanes and battleship models, there were monster models. I had a bunch of them. I still have Madam Tosods (spelling) house of wax Guillotine model. Chops the guys head off and falls in basket.

Then Science fiction theatre, Twighlight Zone, One step beyond, all that stuff. Most movies are crap, but we find types we like, can watch but dont have to be riveted to, so you can relax and kick back. I'm a sucker for the scary or thriller types I guess.

Another catagory is the mobster movies, modern shoot'em ups are on my short list.

Bubba
Glow in the Dark Monster Models were the best
Godzilla was my favorite

Hopkins is an excellent actor. He makes everything he does look real. I've seen the flick, but I'll look it up for a re-watch.

I think it's because we're tainted. We've seen real horrors that we hadn't seen in our youth.
On a sillier note, I'm sure you are familiar with the old Kolchek series. Silly but entertaining. I recently on youtube found the two old pilot movies for that series. One of them seemed vaguely familiar, one not sure. Same vein of stuff and silliness, but watchable anywho. Kolchek the night stalker, and Kolchek the night strangler.

free and plenty good for going to sleepy land.

Last edited:
Glow in the Dark Monster Models were the best
Godzilla was my favorite
Mine was Creature from the Black lagoon. Saw all 3 of those movies a million times. The second one, I believe Revenge of the Creature, there is a scene where the creature swing some guy by the feet and he flies across the stage. The old special effects the guy flew like a curveball and smashed into a tree trunk. We would howl with laughter every time!

Bubba

Mine was Creature from the Black lagoon. Saw all 3 of those movies a million times. The second one, I believe Revenge of the Creature, there is a scene where the creature swing some guy by the feet and he flies across the stage. The old special effects the guy flew like a curveball and smashed into a tree trunk. We would howl with laughter every time!

Bubba
Gillman I loved him

It takes a minute, but this is just one picture.

1697992675496.png

I'm callin' it a night, Misfits. Gotta have my arse down to the lung docs and see what the CT scan said. Fingers crossed ya'll gotta put up with me for a while longer. :) ☮️
Best of luck with the lung doc brother! Sending positive energies!

Moonday, Moanday, all hail Artemis!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Another cloudy day starting at 49F and predicted to soar to 59F.

Alas, my SIL is having a paranoid reaction to all the pain meds she is on and poor Grayfox has her hands full dealing with it, along with her sister's housework and shopping. The infirmities of old age suck majorly, no?

Looks like a perfect day to make green tomato bread and finish stocking the freezer with soup. I have all the makings for pea soup with ham and tarragon, except the ham, which I will endeavor to score this morning.

I also have a recipe from my sister that is close to the biscuits that my mom used to make. Mom actually died without passing the recipe on, but one of my sisters remembered enough to research it and come close.

Checking in before I get up and take a shower.
Starting my new job today. Guess we will see how it goes.
You got this , No Problem
Matter of fact I bet it will be a piece of cake for a smart guy like you. Just don't bring the coffee gals in on the 1st day with you.

Latest posts

Back