Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None of them were built for road racing, for sure. LOL
They made for pretty easy height adjustments, though... ;-)
Nascar got that one right. Coil springs on all four corners with jacking available. Measure tire temps and drive yourself nuts. I never understood racing in a circle. Back in the day nascar had a couple road course events. Riverside was one. I can still see those muscle cars with big block motors screaming around the course.

Bubba

Built several 440 mopar motors, one thing I never cared for was that torsion bar front suspension. Total trash. GTX and road runner were my faves, '69.
I only built one RB 440 Mopar and I stuck that in a one ton B-300. I had a single Thermotoilet on a dual plane manifold, with a RV cam, headers, and a Dana 60 Powerlock rear end with 4:10 gears.

Not only did I make a number of exotic cars look stupid off the line empty, I could load a ton of river and camping gear in the back and pull a 3500lb trailer over the mountain passes at the speed limit.

I also had a 440 Mopar in my Mini-Winnie.

Last edited:
Yep. I even tolerate wiener dogs...despite the fact that my ask--whole cousin sicced a pair of standard Dachshunds on me once 'as a joke'. I think I was 12, and those fvckin' dogs drew blood, up close to my jewel sack and stuff.
And my artery.

Years ago, when I was still on wastebook, he asked my sister if I'd 'friend' him. I sent the message that even if he were to show up at my front door destitute, I'd poke him in the nose hard as I could, and press trespassing charges if he refused to leave.
The dogs were just one thing that creep did. To me, and to others. He was bangin' his MIL, for cripe's sake. I mean...I get it...she was hot and it takes two to tango...but that's just the kind of jerk he is. Low Life.
I had a paper route when I was a kid. The only dogs I ever got bitten by were those damned Cocker Spaniels. Dobermans, Shepards, and the like would bark and sound like they were gonna eat ya alive. The cockers would do it. Also had a Spitz that leaped off of a front porch and try to nail me in the throat. Side step and a roundhouse right changed his mind.

I had a paper route when I was a kid. The only dogs I ever got bitten by were those damned Cocker Spaniels. Dobermans, Shepards, and the like would bark and sound like they were gonna eat ya alive. The cockers would do it. Also had a Spits that leaped off of a front porch and try to nail me in the throat. Side step and a roundhouse right changed his mind.
Our Pom is evolved from the Spitz breed - no wonder he's got such a 'tude. LOL
It's also a good thing he only weighs 8 pounds...

I do miss my 70' Monte Carlo SS... 383 Stroker, Edelbrock 750 double pumper, Turboglide trans, posi-trac.... Top end speeeeeeddddd once you hit 70 it felt like there was no end to the pedal... May or may not have made some fassssssst runs across Pensacola bridge as a young squid. 😆

I'm partial to bowties. Novas and Chevelle's are my weakness. Yes...I know I'm a basic b!tch. 😆😆😆

I do miss my 70' Monte Carlo SS... 383 Stroker, Edelbrock 750 double pumper, Turboglide trans, posi-trac.... Top end speeeeeeddddd once you hit 70 it felt like there was no end to the pedal... May or may not have made some fassssssst runs across Pensacola bridge as a young squid. 😆

I'm partial to bowties. Novas and Chevelle's are my weakness. Yes...I know I'm a basic b!tch. 😆😆😆
I like Chevy II's. '64, '65, '66...and the '67 Z28.

Attachments

• 1967-chevrolet-camaro-z28_7080.jpg
    1967-chevrolet-camaro-z28_7080.jpg
    512.7 KB
I only built one RB 440 Mopar and I stuck that in a one ton B-300. I had a single Thermotoilet on a dual plane manifold, with a RV cam, headers, and a Dana 60 Powerlock rear end with 4:10 gears.

Not only did I make a number of exotic cars look stupid off the line empty, I could load a ton of river and camping gear in the back and pull a 3500lb trailer over the mountain passes at the speed limit.

I also had a 440 Mopar in my Mini-Winnie.
Long small size ports in heads gave loads of torque, not so great on top end, basically over at 6-6500 rpm. 440 head next to small block double hump fulie head, small block chev had quite a bit larger passages. (but far less low end torque) O the street, torque is important. had a friend back in the day that had an early model GTO with 389 tripower. He had it set up some, and 4:56 rear end. When people asked if it was fast, he would say, its only about a 112 mph car. It just gets there really quick.

My small block chevies were faster than my 440s at the end of the day. But it cost more money and broke more parts. Take two 11 second quarter mile cars, with heads and valve timing from the day. Chevy would be faster at a cost.

Mopar? Even those big body '69 roadrunners and GTX sedans? 4:10 rear gear. appropriate sized tires (lots of low end torque) 440 motor. Decent semi wild cam shaft, torker manifold, Holley 750 cfm double pumper carb, /Hooker headers with H-pipe. Heads, cut for next size larger exhaust valve, good multiangle valve job.
Decent ignition, usually Acel in the day, good fuel pump. Good 50/50 shocks on back, 90/10 drag shocks on front.

In good tune will run mid 11's all day, every time, easy to drive , never hit 7000 rpm.

Small block would be faster, might break, 7500 rpm was a necessity, no torque below 3000 rpm. (Small block chev 350 stroked to 383 alleviates much of this torque problem nicely.

Bubba

Gramps took one in the throat climbing the cliff at Pointe du hoc During normandy.
He was shot with a 9mm from a Walther pistol at point blank range by a German major at the top of the rope.
He finished the climb and killed that man tied a rag around his neck and fought on for 3 days before seeing a doctor.
He told me that story while showing me the pistol he was shot with and the leather trench coat worn by the man who shot him.
He died from stomach cancer onthis day in 91 and is one of the few I miss from my childhood.
Strack salute.

Latest posts

Back