Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been to see 'the man' yet, but I thought it was 66 1/2? And limited earnings?
I have medicare...no ss yet.
AARP Logo Red Header

Full retirement age, or FRA, is the age when you are entitled to 100 percent of your Social Security benefits, which are determined by your lifetime earnings. It is gradually increasing, from 66 and 4 months for people born in 1956 to 66 and 6 months for those born in 1957 and, ultimately, 67 for people born in 1960 or later.

Those dates apply to the retirement benefits you earned from working and to spousal benefits, which your husband or wife can collect on your work record. They differ slightly for survivor benefits, which you can claim if your spouse dies. Full retirement age for survivors is 66 and 2 months for people born in 1957 and gradually increases to age 67 for people born in 1962 or later.

My Wife also draws off my SS because mine was more than hers. So now she gets a bigger check than she did before I started drawing my SS. My Wife is older than me so she was already drawing her SS. Your spouse can draw off your SS as soon as she is eligible. You don't have to be dead.
She was a house Wife most her life Wife with me so her check wasn't very much so she is allowed to draw half of what my check is in total.
Let's say I draw 2000 and she is only drawing 500,, they will add 500 to her check for a total of 1000 which is half of what I make.
Which would have us making a total of 3000 a month together.

Morning folks. Gotta jump in the shower.
Talk to yas later.
Subbie I'm so Sorry. At least now she is at peace and you can start the recovery process that family goes through when they lose a loved one. My thoughts are with you.

Last edited:
AARP Logo Red Header

Full retirement age, or FRA, is the age when you are entitled to 100 percent of your Social Security benefits, which are determined by your lifetime earnings. It is gradually increasing, from 66 and 4 months for people born in 1956 to 66 and 6 months for those born in 1957 and, ultimately, 67 for people born in 1960 or later.

Those dates apply to the retirement benefits you earned from working and to spousal benefits, which your husband or wife can collect on your work record. They differ slightly for survivor benefits, which you can claim if your spouse dies. Full retirement age for survivors is 66 and 2 months for people born in 1957 and gradually increases to age 67 for people born in 1962 or later.
Ha-HAH!!

I beat alla those bastages!! With my company's retirement bonus thingy, I got my retirement and full SS** from the time I retired at age 51.

Not a typo. 51. And they paid for my Pilot's License. And being the cheap Dutch bastage that I am, I refused to die when I was supposed to.

**Company made up the diff as if I was full SS age until I got there. More than twenty years ago.

Not quite in that California hag-ridden (now dead) nightmare twat's league, though...

Hey everyone, just checking in. My mom finally passed yesterday just after noon after a long hard fight at the end. I’m am thankful that her pain is finally over. I stayed at her house for about 3 weeks until last night when I could finally come home and sleep more than two hours at a time waking up to give meds. It’s good to be home again. It was a busy day today with a lot of decisions to be made and clearing out mommas stuff and calling the list of people to be notified…. I think it will slow down more as time passes. Hope to soon be getting back into my morning routine coffee, cannabis and buuulshitz with y’all. Hope every one is well ✌️💕 My plants are alive but outtacontrol 🥹
Commiseration and my deepest condolences SG! Bittersweet losing your mother while relieved that they are no longer in pain.
bigarmhug.gif
bigarmhug.gif
❤️ 🌷🌷🌷

Good Topless Tuesday Island brothers and sisters! Flaunt um if ya got um.
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
dog3.gif
german-shepherd.gif
dogwalk.gif

Cloudy here, starting at 53F and predicted to reach 67F.

Alas, my BIL returned home from the hospital following a fall in which he broke his wrist and fell again, breaking his hip. He has no balance and needs a keeper, but Grayfox's sister is still in the hospital with a fractured back so it won't be her.

Fortunately, one of his daughters from his first marriage has taken a couple weeks off to kick things off, but long term she has a husband and family of her own to take care of, so it is a temporary fix.

Hey everyone, just checking in. My mom finally passed yesterday just after noon after a long hard fight at the end. I’m am thankful that her pain is finally over. I stayed at her house for about 3 weeks until last night when I could finally come home and sleep more than two hours at a time waking up to give meds. It’s good to be home again. It was a busy day today with a lot of decisions to be made and clearing out mommas stuff and calling the list of people to be notified…. I think it will slow down more as time passes. Hope to soon be getting back into my morning routine coffee, cannabis and buuulshitz with y’all. Hope every one is well ✌️💕 My plants are alive but outtacontrol 🥹
No words

Here's where Nature is pointing the direction to solving NYC's horrible rat problem while providing fun observation:

Some punks set Flaco the Eurasian Eagle Owl loose from his cage.

Well, he hangs around Central Park, and is getting fatter and fatter and folks all over are coming just to see him. He is eating rats. His favorite treat.

They are gonna leave him free. Now if they only turned loose a lady Eurasian Eagle Owl in Central Park...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-huge-rat-population.html?ico=related-replace
1696337024310.png

our deepest sympathies and sincere condolences….strong hugs

our hearts are with you in this saddened time subbie...you're Mom is now at peace with no pain...remember all the good times...

Last edited:
No,,,I work to have options in life. If the Man isn't making money neither are you. What he makes isn't any of my business.
I owned my own business for almost 30 yrs.
What I made wasn't any of my workers business. I paid them well and on time. Took me yrs to build my business and a lot of hard work. Most employees have no fking clue what it's like to run a business and the work that's involved to keep it.
Not a clue ,almost childlike notta clue

Here's where Nature is pointing the direction to solving NYC's horrible rat problem while providing fun observation:

Some punks set Flaco the Eurasian Eagle Owl loose from his cage.

Well, he hangs around Central Park, and is getting fatter and fatter and folks all over are coming just to see him. He is eating rats. His favorite treat.

They are gonna leave him free. Now if they only turned loose a lady Eurasian Eagle Owl in Central Park...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-huge-rat-population.html?ico=related-replace
View attachment 342807
Out east they have a farm and they raise ducks and pheasent.
People come all over and they release them and folks shoot them.
They have a rat problem and they bring terriers and it becomes a killing frenzy for them

So sorry Subby. You have been through a lot. Thoughts and prayers.

Latest posts

Back