Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Setting in my barber shop. Gonna get my head cleaned up/ shaved and my beard trimmed. Not to mention some dank he has for me.😁
Hadda look up "dank". First thing that I saw:
1696098777823.png

Stopped drinking regular coffee because of AFIB. I got AFIB under control with thyroid medication and have had no problems but I'm still a little weary of drinking caffeine.
AFIB is no fun.
Very few ppl realize how many things their Thyroid controls. My AFIB was horrible. Had to call an ambulance more than once. Ever since I got my TSH levels down around 2.0 I've had no AFIB what so ever. I drink beer every night with no problems but if I drink hard liquor I'm fked.
One problem I am honor bound to comment upon right here.

1. AFIB "gets easier" to trigger each time is is triggered. Don't even think about the horrible misery you suffer when AFIB hits. Alcohol in any form, regardless of any self-deception one might have regarding the source, is a touch on the trigger. Period. So if you "touch" the now-hair trigger every night... all it takes is one time where the conditions (tired, electrolytes low, just one more beer, etc.) are enough to make the trigger trip.

2. Think about this: Up in the left ventricle of your heart, there is a small pocket in the top of it. We do not know any reason for it, but we all have it. Dammit. Me too.

When the heart goes into AFIB, the upper left chamber tries to pump about 180-200 times a minute. What happens then is the super-real danger, and not the ghastly feeling.

That little chamber just does not get emptied. It get compacted by the jackhammer going off down below in the main section of that upper left ventricle.

If the AFIB continues long enough (and this is a HUGE VARIABLE) the blood stuck in the top does what blood is supposed to do:

It coagulates.

So the AFIB goes away <-- for any reason (meds, luck, etc.)

3. THAT IS WHEN YOU ARE ENTERING THE TIME OF YOUR GREATEST DANGER OF INCAPACITATION OR DEATH !!

AFTER YOU THINK IT IS "OVER".

Because now that clotted chunk of blood gets pumped out of that little pocket. Where it stops is a total crap shoot. No matter where it lodges, it will cause major problems.

If it stops in the brain... goodbye.

Have your next beer... and the next -- while having this knowledge.

For all here who have ever had AFIB, here is the Verboten List whether you dislike it, disagree with it, or any other state of mind:

Alcohol (ANY!)
Caffeine (from any of these: chocolate (dammit), coffee, tea, Coke. Moreover, YOUR heart give you no place to hide:

There is caffeine in DeCaf Coffee, DeCaf Tea. It just is a measure of how much... plus some advertising gimmick.

Just keep tapping the trigger, guys -- but now you are bound to do it with the full knowledge of what you are fukking with.

Sauce from Doctors:
https://www.webmd.com/diet/foods-high-in-caffeine

Last edited:
I know all about AFIB believe me. Including everything you just said. But not all AFIB is the same.My Thyroid was off and now it's not because the medication took care of that. I drink light beer and haven't had any AFIB in over a year. I do not drink hard liquor or caffeine because I don't wanna push my luck.
I lived with it for several years,,so I think I know a thing or two about it. I have also read about ppl who had AFIB and it went away and never came back. I have read all kinds of white papers on the subject and even enlightened my Cardiologist on a few things.
Mine was due to TSH levels out of wack, which are now under control. I'll continue to drink my beer but thank you for the advice.
There are different types of AFIB and different reasons you have it. Mine was a hormonal thing. Yours may be due to age. I have no idea. But you can't use one paint brush to cover all AFIB no more than you can heart disease.
Did you know most ppl with AFIB can't smoke weed. Last I heard you are still smoking weed and you have Afib do you not? So your Afib is not effected by marijuana or you wouldn't be able to use the vape machine. That's what I'm talking about when I say AFIB is caused by different things in different ppl.
And I do appreciate your concern brother Walt,,I really do.
How is your AFIB by the way. I haven't heard you talk about it in awhile. Hope it's in check.👍

Last edited:
I know all about AFIB believe me. My Thyroid was off and now it's not because the medication took care of that. I drink light beer and haven't had any AFIB in over a year.
I lived with it for several years,,so I think I know a thing or two about it. I have also read about ppl who had AFIB and it went away and never came back.
Mine was due to TSH levels out of wack, which are now under control. I'll continue to drink my beer but thank you for the advice.
There are different types of AFIB and different reasons you have it. Mine was a hormonal thing.
still think you should have your prostate checked anyway ,just sayin :rolleyes:

The one and only time I had AFIB was a direct cause of having a robot carving the top half out of my lung in my left chest. Felt really weird. No problems since. Six weeks later, the top quarter of my right lung was removed. Not even a flicker.

Latest posts

Back