Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of how it goes in the glades as a kid.
I saw worse happen to friends and family as have most of you sadly.
I am more scared of monkies and parrots than Bullsharks.
😆
I mean subbie got bit swimming so at least I was unharmed.Once
Once camping I think it was in the keys I was 12, I was fishing near a small cove
and walk across some rocks into the thicker brush to take a leak,
I saw 20 maybe baby alligators , I thought wow so cool, let me catch one to keep as a pet. As I almost had one in my grasp, out of the corner of my eye I saw Mama Gator, Wide mouth and bushy tailed about to eat my azz.
I spun around and shot like lighting. Lost my good rod that day, but I went back 2 days later and got it back no gators in sight.

Attachments

• Bug-A-Salt.jpg
    Bug-A-Salt.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 0
Now that I looked, it turns out there are psilocybin mushrooms growing wild all over Floriduh.
View attachment 341201View attachment 341202
View attachment 341203View attachment 341204
They gots a peculiar law down here (*snork*) it is illegal to pick 'em if you have "criminal intent". Otherwise, meh. Of course, "criminal intent" means you are gonna ingest them.
Beef and Dairy farms near where I grew up in West Central Flourdough constantly came across trespassers looking under pasture patties for 'shrooms.

Now that I looked, it turns out there are psilocybin mushrooms growing wild all over Floriduh.
View attachment 341201View attachment 341202
View attachment 341203View attachment 341204
They gots a peculiar law down here (*snork*) it is illegal to pick 'em if you have "criminal intent". Otherwise, meh. Of course, "criminal intent" means you are gonna ingest them.
You gotta have your story ready Walt. I know you can make up. Good story about why you’re picking them 🤪

Remember catching sand sharks in the L.I. sound as a kid
I too caught them , good fight. I remember cod fishing with Dad in ocean . I was sick as a dog from rough waters that day. Hook a good size fish thought I was going to win the Pool for big fish for day. Dam sand shark tangled about 5 other lines because no one cleared there lines when I reeled it in. I saw it break the water and said crap a sandshark , 5ft best I remember. I landed it and handed my pole to dad who dealt with the tangles. I ran to the head and puked blood for the next 4 hrs, Capt told my Dad he was not bringing a full boat back in becuase a kid was sick. I was in bad shape with I got in and had to go to Hospital.
Broke blood vessels in my neck and throat from dry heaving.
When I got off boat I could not walk, my head was so wacked for the sea sickness. Some meds and the next day I felt better/

I too caught them , good fight. I remember cod fishing with Dad in ocean . I was sick as a dog from rough waters that day. Hook a good size fish thought I was going to win the Pool for big fish for day. Dam sand shark tangled about 5 other lines because no one cleared there lines when I reeled it in. I saw it break the water and said crap a sandshark , 5ft best I remember. I landed it and handed my pole to dad who dealt with the tangles. I ran to the head and puked blood for the next 4 hrs, Capt told my Dad he was not bringing a full boat back in becuase a kid was sick. I was in bad shape with I got in and had to go to Hospital.
Broke blood vessels in my neck and throat from dry heaving.
When I got off boat I could not walk, my head was so wacked for the sea sickness. Some meds and the next day I felt better/
Ho Lee Fuk
Im usually good on a boat ,but stay away from greasy food and bad air ( diesel smell , mostly)
If on deck and breathing clean air im ok

Latest posts

Back