Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it sure must be a challenge to grow u der those wet conditions

i have always wondered about ganja growers in the PNW , do they have some special strains that are acclimatized to those conditions?

plants that are more resistant to PM and bud rot?
There are some claims to that
Never saw them LOL

Absolutely yes.
I used to could tell a day before the rains set in 'cause I'd start hurting. Nowadays, I hurt all the time, rain or no rain.
what is your mental diagnosis for those who have no pain meds to take?
Grain alcohol and copulus amounts of ganga.
cool beans!

me too!

we can get together and have a n old fashioned Revival!

I am ordained in the Church of the Most High
I preach my dear friends you're about to receive old John Barleycorn, nicotine, and the temptations of Eve!
OTOH, today's our 32nd anniversary - there just might be some hand made blue crab cakes in my near future...:)
Congratulations to you and my deepest condolences to your bride. :)

Remember I told you I was interviewing for a new job next week. Just found out I gotta 3 thousand dollar raise. This is getting more interesting.😳
Gave me the same thing last year about this time. Decision is getting harder and harder. I've got a tough decision to make.
Guess I'll see what happens in that interview.🤔
This new job I wouldn't have to travel and it's 10 minutes from my house. But money talks and bullshit walks. Hope they are ready to offer me the right amount of money. Other wise I'm not going anywhere.
I also will be getting my yearly bonus in December, so that is another thing I have to consider. Last year it was almost 5 grand and it's supposed to be more this year.🧐
I never got a bonus in my entire career. Even after I invented a circuit that saved millions in one year. Oh, well... I'da blown it on... No I wouldn't. I'da got gold and silver.

OTOH, today's our 32nd anniversary - there just might be some hand made blue crab cakes in my near future...:)
Blue crabs are divine. But it is a waste to mix them with batter and bread. Steamed in 2" of water with some vinegar in it. Have hot melted butter with lemon in it for dipping.

We useta catch monsters in Cheapskate Bay. There was a fish-processing plant in Reedville, VA. They dumped their waste into the water behind the plant. There were so many crabs there that my sister pulled up a crab trap with a bunch in the trap, and one with his claw tangled in the string.

This big they are in Reedville (2-hander) -- the owners are happy to let you crab there.
1693406674206.png

Dammit. I have that pic of my sister somewhere in the absolute mess my files are in. Found this instead (just arrived in my email):
1693407527791.jpg

It is Dr. Scooter halfway through his 60-mile walking trip in Oregon this week. He jumped offa 60' cliff into the water. Not bad for a kid that almost never made it to 8 years old...

Last edited:
I used to could tell a day before the rains set in 'cause I'd start hurting. Nowadays, I hurt all the time, rain or no rain.

Grain alcohol and copulus amounts of ganga.

I preach my dear friends you're about to receive old John Barleycorn, nicotine, and the temptations of Eve!

Congratulations to you and my deepest condolences to your bride. :)

Jeebus... I got grandchillun about your age. Better start getting into oysters so when ya reach adultery you'll be able to become an Official Man per GI standards:

Gotta do it three times -- and the last time standing up.
This is actually my second time around the block. The first one was an 8 year accidental experiment in abject failure.
No chilluns, though. 🌪️

This one's a keeper, though at our age, and as a former employer used to say all the time "I got plenty of lead in my pencil - I just ain't got nobody to write to!"

"I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was" (hat tip to Toby) 🦸‍♂️

Blue crabs are divine. But it is a waste to mix them with batter and bread. Steamed in 2" of water with some vinegar in them. Have hot melted butter with lemon in it for dipping.

We useta catch monsters in Cheapskate Bay. There was a fish-processing plant in Reedville, VA. They dumped their waste into the water behind the plant. There were so many crabs there that my sister pulled up a crab trap with a bunch in the trap, and one with his claw tangled in the spring.

This big they are in Reedville -- the owners are happy to let you crab there.View attachment 339176

Dammit. I have that pic of my sister somewhere in the absolute mess my files are in. Found this instead (just arrived in my email):
View attachment 339177
It is Dr. Scooter halfway through his 60-mile walking trip in Oregon this week. He jumped offa 60' cliff into the water. Not bad for a kid that almost never made it to 8 years old...
This is about what comes out of the river I grew up on. When I was a kid I used to catch 'em with a chicken neck tied to a string - when it starts moving, you gently pull them back to you and scoop 'em up with a net. They don't wanna let that neck loose. You could get quite a few that way.
Later on, a family friend was a crabber, so there was never a shortage of 'em. Butter and lemon, right out of the pot, is great! A good crab roll or cake is purty good too, though. Little touch of heat...Mmmmm-mmm-mmm.

Edit: that pic is actually from the river I grew up on.

Attachments

• Blue crab.jpg
    Blue crab.jpg
    124.4 KB
it sure must be a challenge to grow u der those wet conditions

i have always wondered about ganja growers in the PNW , do they have some special strains that are acclimatized to those conditions?

plants that are more resistant to PM and bud rot?
Most of the outdoor cannabis grown in Oregon is in the Green Triangle, which is in Southern Oregon. More indoor this far north.

let the boys out and then followed soon aft...I go out and see both boys just standing in the teaming rain looking at me like I'm supposed to be out there with 'em...it's pouring again, I'm guessing it's gonna be a wet day...we skirted another bad storm...still not been outside to see what went boom last night...waiting for the rain to stop...

This is about what comes out of the river I grew up on. When I was a kid I used to catch 'em with a chicken neck tied to a string - when it starts moving, you gently pull them back to you and scoop 'em up with a net. They don't wanna let that neck loose. You could get quite a few that way.
Later on, a family friend was a crabber, so there was never a shortage of 'em. Butter and lemon, right out of the pot, is great! A good crab roll or cake is purty good too, though. Little touch of heat...Mmmmm-mmm-mmm.

Edit: that pic is actually from the river I grew up on.
I sometimes enjoy the hard work of this young man
Luke McFfaden on you tube

Latest posts

Back