Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Late to the party this morning. I'm usually up by 08:00 and have all chores done by 09:30. Old Hen, in her infinite wisdom, let me sleep 'til 10:00. The birds were irate, and I was another 30 minutes late with their feed after chasing the wife around with a cattle prod. It's amazing how fast she can run after the first initial contact with the electrodes, and it takes a marathon runner to wear her down for the second jolt. Gotta get me one of those tazars like the cops use.

Good afternoon, another wonderful day dealing with a body that’s trying to revolt. The best I’m going to do today is to clean the house, and that in itself is quite the chore. I just pulled another squirrel out of Ivan‘s stomach via the tail that was hanging out of his mouth. In typical Dog fashion, he didn’t care if it had worms on it or not. .. he’s such an animal

go Ivan go!

going to see the doc today about this dam neuropathy pain , just wanna be sure that is what it is and not an infection of some sorts..

earache and sore throat for 8 days aint normal for me

same with this scalp pain , half my scalp is on fire and stings when i put my hat on…

so yeah , gonna get a second opinion , maybe run a blood test or two to check the white blood cell count…

gonna be a young female practitioner so should be fun breaking her in

go Ivan go!

going to see the doc today about this dam neuropathy pain , just wanna be sure that is what it is and not an infection of some sorts..

earache and sore throat for 8 days aint normal for me

same with this scalp pain , half my scalp is on fire and stings when i put my hat on…

so yeah , gonna get a second opinion , maybe run a blood test or two to check the white blood cell count…

gonna be a young female practitioner so should be fun breaking her in
Good luck Brother
I hope they find out what is happening.
And if they do not I know a Great Root Balm that may help.

Good luck Brother
I hope they find out what is happening.
And if they do not I know a Great Root Balm that may help.

thanks Amigo

yeah , with the broken neck and other head trauma I’ve gone through ,I am pretty sure it is neuropathic pain and pretty much I have to learn to live with it..

but I will get a second opinion for the hell of it

i was mowing my lawn on the rider and kicked up a rock which hit me right in my elbow on the funny bone..BAM!…felt like a bullet!

left my little finger and part of my hand numb , nerve damage , can’t be repaired…

have to live with it….

moar weed!

Sorry to hear about your nerve pain big. I am ate up with it from the cancer surgery. Scar. It’s got me sidelined today and there is absolutely nothing. I can do other than let it run its course. I find a heating pad helps quite a bit, but it makes me immobile and I lose my day when I hurt… I am doing laundry and cleaning house today and that’s as good as it’s going to get. Sometime early Wednesday morning the hurricane supposed to hit I need to move a car and get the generator set up for the occasion.

I live on heating pads just don't get burned.
Aint no picnic some days but it beats the alternative I reckon.
Brother, it sounds like we have both walked down similar paths. I am in constant pain, but some days it’s just more than I can deal with. As long as we get up every morning and do the best we can that’s all we can ask for. as you say, it beats the alternatives… it was a difficult decision to get out of bed this morning but I’m sure if I spent the day there I would hurt even more. At least I’m keeping the boys company and cleaning the house so it doesn’t look like a bomb went off. My home is a very dusty place because of where I live, and the dogs that drag in a storm behind them.

My hometown was so small we didn’t have a school bus. We walk to and from school every day whether we had a foot of snow on the ground or it was raining. I don’t ever recall being driven to school...My hometown was so small we didn’t have a school bus. We walk to and from school every day whether we had a foot of snow on the ground or it was raining. I don’t ever recall being driven to school. We broke bones and had fist fights as well as drinking out of a hose and we turned out OK

Does the low pressure coming at cha affect your hurts ..
It bothers me to a point but I’ve learned to deal with the discomfort better than most. I’ve always hurt myself just living my life because I push it a little bit further than most, but the surgery I had was a game changer and I don’t think I’ll ever recover from it. What really chaps me is that I took Linda who is 11 years younger than me to be my bride and companion, and she is the one that ends up dying… now I am caring for Dutch, and hope Ivan will do the same for me

thanks Amigo

yeah , with the broken neck and other head trauma I’ve gone through ,I am pretty sure it is neuropathic pain and pretty much I have to learn to live with it..

but I will get a second opinion for the hell of it

i was mowing my lawn on the rider and kicked up a rock which hit me right in my elbow on the funny bone..BAM!…felt like a bullet!

left my little finger and part of my hand numb , nerve damage , can’t be repaired…

have to live with it….

moar weed!
I took a dive wearing a pair of stilts. Landed on my left elbow. That was around 20 years ago, and to this day if I rest it on the door sill of any vehicle, it feels like you plugged it into a 220V socket. Gets your attention quick.

Sorry to hear about your nerve pain big. I am ate up with it from the cancer surgery. Scar. It’s got me sidelined today and there is absolutely nothing. I can do other than let it run its course. I find a heating pad helps quite a bit, but it makes me immobile and I lose my day when I hurt… I am doing laundry and cleaning house today and that’s as good as it’s going to get. Sometime early Wednesday morning the hurricane supposed to hit I need to move a car and get the generator set up for the occasion.

welcome to the MP Infirmary

so the burning stinging pain on the left side of my scalp and face , neuropathy pain from damaged nerves , gotta suck it up and live with it

the earache and sore throat is bacteria related , I definitely have an ear infection so it is five days of antibiotics

the sore throat is from to much sinus drainage causing the irritation and not much I can do about it because it is happening due to be shot in the face with a .380 and roto rooting out my sinus passages and reconstructing my nasal passages….suck it up time

so 1 out of 3 ain’t to bad ….

that would be a .333 batting average in baseball , not bad

Ivan would eat the machine...genset is moved and fueled up, 350 gallons of LP gas in the ground and here come the rain bands whipping in on me...I'm soaked but now ready...got to move my tractor and get out of harms way...I think this may be a way more serious storm than is anticipated...flooding will be the issue with this storm...

Latest posts

Back