Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hippie , Weedhopper , and Pute in the early days of MP

guess which one is Pute?

IMG_5729.jpeg

Good morning brothers and sisters! Have a joyous and rewarding Topless Tuesday!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Mostly cloudy today starting at 60F and predicted to reach 76F.

I slipped on a mossy incline and busted my butt hard yesterday. Alas my butt is seriously bruised this morning, in addition to a sniveling wrist. It occurred to me that that is exactly how old farts like me break things like hips, wrist, et all, and feel fortunate to just be bruised.

I forgot that Miss Layla knows how to open doors and left the Dutch door top open for ventilation early in the morning. I hear her bark and the sound of the door opening, so I jumped up ready to face an intruder and instead found the door standing open and her gone. Fortunately, she came when I called, and I still don't know what she was after.

I had forgotten about her talent, which I discovered shortly after originally rescuing her and bringing her home. I walked out the door and closed it behind me, only to have it open again and her follow me. I replaced the door handle with a knob and thought that solved the problem, but discovered that she also knows how to do knobs when she opened the bathroom door and joined me one morning. Fortunately she hasn't figured out dead bolts yet................
Layla 10.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning brothers and sisters! Have a joyous and rewarding Topless Tuesday!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Mostly cloudy today starting at 60F and predicted to reach 76F.

I slipped on a mossy incline and busted my butt hard yesterday. Alas my butt is seriously bruised this morning, in addition to a sniveling wrist. It occurred to me that that is exactly how old farts like me break things like hips, wrist, et all, and feel fortunate to just be bruised.

I forgot that Miss Layla knows how to open doors and left the Dutch door top open for ventilation early in the morning. I hear her bark and the sound of the door opening, so I jumped up ready to face an intruder and instead found the door standing open and her gone. Fortunately, she came when I called, and I still don't know what she was after.

I had forgotten about her talent, which I discovered shortly after originally rescuing her and bringing her home. I walked out the door and closed it behind me, only to have it open again and her follow me. I replaced the door handle with a knob and thought that solved the problem, but discovered that she also knows how to do knobs when she opened the bathroom door and joined me one morning. Fortunately she hasn't figured out dead bolts yet................
dog3.gif
german-shepherd.gif
Good morning GW and everyone else. So glad that you got only a bruise as I know that feeling you had sitting there on your butt hoping things all worked and realizing the old factor into all of it. So I guess, rub some dirt on it as my dad always said and get well quick.
smart dog that can open a door knob. 😊
‘Y’all have a good day. I’m out all day with paperwork and lawyers dealing with mommas stuff. I know I’ll be ready when I get back for a nice relaxing Marley. Hope someone is here to join me when I get back
yall have a sweet day 🥰

Good morning GW and everyone else. So glad that you got only a bruise as I know that feeling you had sitting there on your butt hoping things all worked and realizing the old factor into all of it. So I guess, rub some dirt on it as my dad always said and get well quick.
smart dog that can open a door knob. 😊
‘Y’all have a good day. I’m out all day with paperwork and lawyers dealing with mommas stuff. I know I’ll be ready when I get back for a nice relaxing Marley. Hope someone is here to join me when I get back
yall have a sweet day 🥰
Good morning SG! bigarmhug.gif 🌷

How insightful! Indeed there was moment where I could tell it hurt a lot, but had not tried to move yet and see if anything was broken. I had to relocate one of the rear clasps for my suspenders, as it was dead centered on the bruise, suggesting it caused it. After I got home I changed jeans for a pair with different loop spacing in back.

Miss Layla learned to open doors before we rescued her at 18 months old. I suspect from being locked in. The amazing thing is not as much that she can open doors, but fast she does it. She hooks her paw on one side of the knob and pulls down and back to get it unlatched and then opens it with her nose.

Good luck with the lawyer and paperwork................. I'll be in and out, but will join you!
cigar5.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Latest posts

Back