Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What Big has really been up to
1667053592198.png

Morning misfits. Sun is shining and outdoor work is calling. Two more days should have me ready and waiting on Old Man Winter. I've had him catch me with my pants down, and it's never pretty. :)
Hip are you up on relay 12v system as far as wiring it to be trigger by lower voltage and output higher amps from battery ?

I see What a relay does and understand it, but I cannot see in my mind how the inside of the relay works
I need to trigger the relay via a low power accessory switch power line (On with key)
to relay, then the relay needs to tell the high amp volt out line to turn on the load.
Sound right?

Oh Crap Me sorry Joe
The electrician is here Same question
Are you as good as you are with 120volts on 12volt auto electronics
I am a linevoltage guy
Never really a motor head and the closest i do is trailer wiring, or run a 10awg boat wire off of the battery with it own fuse for a inverter

I am a linevoltage guy
Never really a motor head and the closest i do is trailer wiring, or run a 10awg boat wire off of the battery with it own fuse for a inverter
OK thks
That wire you ran out for trailer was never left connected to anything other than the fuse once trailer was disconnected correct. Im fighting a stupid amp pirate when truck is off.

OK thks
That wire you ran out for trailer was never left connected to anything other than the fuse once trailer was disconnected correct. Im fighting a stupid amp pirate when truck is off.
I remember my buddy tony telling me he would pull each fuse and either sees a spark and see if it draws something with the fuse out and go across with a meter

you havea hood light or a trunk lite you can remove the bulbs
is a lite on inteior or a light in back on and you dont see it?
Pretty sure it was ahen I tied into the main power wire going to drivers seat. then out to live camera with no switch DUH moment years ago
Was such a low draw the battery did not see it for 2 yrs or so.
Went through 3 GOOD battery Gel ones plus the one that came with the truck.
Maybe just bad batteries but Im a stickler for punishment.

Another way is to use amp meter on neg terminal of battery either in line between the battery and ground wire off battery of course and then start pulling fuses to see the parasitic draw stopped or dropped to almost nil.
I have an inductive amp ready for DC voltage so I dont have to disconnect blk wire now.

Latest posts

Back