Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy birthday Mrs. Prime!

Good morning brothers and sisters! Another lovely rainy day here, starting at 54F and 95% RH, with 3 mph breeze and predicted to reach 61F.

Lots of tomatoes ripening all at once, so I put up a quart of Pico de Gallo and one of Bruschetta.

Dinner out yesterday at Pastini's with oooold friends about a decade older than us, with her on a walker and him a heart attack survivor and down to 140lbs. Both getting slower and slower but still in good spirits.

Working today on the EHEW Elephant project sound system. I am hooking the amplifier to the inverter and the inverter to a 12V power supply to see how many amps it draws, so as to size the battery pack.

An old, blind Marine wanders into an all-girl biker bar by mistake.
He finds his way to a bar stool and orders a shot of Jack Daniels.
After sitting there for a while, he yells to the bartender, ‘Hey, you wanna hear a blonde joke?’
The bar immediately falls absolutely silent.
In a very deep, husky voice, the woman next to him says,
‘Before you tell that joke I think it is only fair, given that you are blind, that you should know five things:
1. The bartender is a blonde girl with a baseball bat.
2. The bouncer is a blonde girl.
3. I’m a 6-foot tall, 175-pound blonde woman with a black belt in karate.
4. The woman sitting next to me is blonde and a professional weight lifter.
5. The lady to your right is blonde and a professional wrestler.
Now, think about it seriously, do you still wanna tell that blonde joke?’
The blind Marine thinks for a second, shakes his head and mutters, ‘No…not if I’m gonna have to explain it five times.

1667132011717.png

Well, fall of '22 leaf pickup is officially in the bag. Was gonna go up and clean out the gutters on the barns, but when I was pulling the butt plug outta the Deere, I knocked the top off my thumb knuckle deep enough for the Pullet to go white when she saw it while bandaging me up. Don't need that nasty stuff that comes out of the gutters in it, so they'll wait 'til the middle of next week.
Got cages to clean and I'm thinkin' about going out and saying hi to mom. Today marks the third year she's been gone.

Gooode morning brothers and sisters! More rain here, starting at 56F and 78% RH, with 9 mph winds, and predicted to reach 57F.

Alas I got all my bee sound equipment hooked up to measure the amp draw and discovered that my clamp on amp meter was AC only, so I purchased a DC meter online and it was delivered late last night. I'll finish this morning, as my daughter and hubby arriving for a visit tomorrow evening, and I will have to wrap it up and clean up my mess before then.

My annual physical late morning today. Fortunately, I've already done my lab work, so don't have to fast this morning. My lab work was also museum quality so no worries there.

Latest posts

Back