if females don't grow seeds...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffca

Reaction score
then why do you get seeds in your weed bag sometimes (hasn't happened to me in years but it used to sometimes). and in the 70's my mom told me there used to be seeds in her weed all the time.

Who said females don't grow seeds?

It is the males that do not grow seeds. The females DO grow seeds after they are fertilized by the males. Just like people.;)

Females DO grow seeds, their solely purpose is the seed growth. Humans just cut their access to male pollen and force them to flower more intensely in order to have have better bud.

When there is a pollination (from a rascal male) or becoming hermaphrodite due to stress, you'll encounter seeds.

thats what I was searching and found that seeds in your bag is the cause of a Hermie, and are not very good genetics..but are great to learn with..Good luck and hope this helps..

male seeds is same traits from their strain, female seeds is new traits (if did sexed with male) also, feminine seeds can be a mother plant too!! right now there's new tech about cloning males dang bit

4u2smoke said:
thats what I was searching and found that seeds in your bag is the cause of a Hermie, and are not very good genetics..but are great to learn with..Good luck and hope this helps..

Not all seeds in Bags are hermie I think though... Here in Greece a lot of weed is grow outdoors and growers are sometimes late to remove the male plants... Or Don't bother removing them at all... And it is very likely that seeds you find are Good Buds pollenated by a good male plant...
Greek weed can get you really stoned too... Outoor weed here grows into huge Bushes, even trees and temperature in Summer is well over 90F... I wonder why is everyone saying not to go above 85 if plants grow so huge and potent in this Greek heat...
Bagseed isn't always Hermie... It's Just a matter of luck IMO...
:confused2:

nikimadritista said:
Not all seeds in Bags are hermie I think though... Here in Greece a lot of weed is grow outdoors and growers are sometimes late to remove the male plants... Or Don't bother removing them at all... And it is very likely that seeds you find are Good Buds pollenated by a good male plant...
Greek weed can get you really stoned too... Outoor weed here grows into huge Bushes, even trees and temperature in Summer is well over 90F... I wonder why is everyone saying not to go above 85 if plants grow so huge and potent in this Greek heat...
I agree. I think a seed in bag of high end bud has a much better chance of being hermie than a sack schwag that is full of seeds.

BTW I use the term schwag as any street grass even if it's decent. There is nothing like top shelf kind bud though.

nikimadritista said:

Actually same in here, smoking cannabis plant is associated with blowing off the very small seeds in the heat... Here 99.9% of the crop is out door and summers are very very very hot... Very have our own strains, pretty well adapted to our climates that require high heat, bright sun.

Latest posts

Back